America's Cup Sailing Regatta - seasick?

We didn't get the least bit queezy. One thing to know is that the boats aren't just bobbing around on the ocean, they are slicing through the waves, hopefully beating that other boat!

Some people that I know who get carsick have taken Bonine the night before a car ride that they think might make them ill.

Check out our pictures in my signature. This is a fabulous excursion!

When I did this last February, I got pretty queasy toward the end, but it was after I had worked my butt off as a grinder for most of the race, and I had just turned it over to someone else. I think I just overdid it.

Stay hydrated and maybe sip on a coke or 7-up. Ginger tablets are also supposed to be good for seasickness. Even MythBusters determined that ginger is the best non-pharmaceutical preventive.

The excursion is fabulous! I plan to do it again someday.

• 2 weeks later...
My wife is concerned about getting sea sick on this excursion. Is that common? Any suggestions on most effective prevention (patch, pills, etc.?

If she's concerned, she should definitely take something. My friend got horribly sea sick on this excursion. It's not an easy excursion to stop...because it's a race.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to do this excursion so bad but I have read/heard of several people getting seasick- I have been told it just depends on the day and how rough the water may be and how windy it is. This will be our third time in St. Maarten and I am afraid I will "chicken out" again.

I was in Aruba on a catamaran and I even had the "behind the ear sea sick patch" and about 1/2 way into the excursion I couldn't wait to get off the boat-I felt so sick-the wind had picked up and the water got choppy and it didn't take long for me to feel queasy!! Others have done that same trip and said the water was like a bathtub it was so calm.

Archived