Walking laps on the CB

Taryn and Sarah

I thought I read in the Patters - it was 2.7 laps equal a mile - but, not sure? We walked/ran on the promenade deck on the Golden and it was fine. More runners than walkers :)

I would have said about three laps, so 2.7 sounds accurate ;) .

Note: The Promenade deck isn't "flat" all the way around the ship. There are two small staircases on either side of the vessel, forward on the deck. I've seen walkers, joggers, and runners making their way around the Promenade deck - good idea to signal when passing :D .

Beautiful ship! You will love it! Bon Voyage!

Chris

when I was on the CB in April, there were very few runners on the promenade deck, and frankly, they annoyed me, since it is a very narrow covered space aft, and, as noted, has stairs to the 8th up and down at the other end.

I confined my running to the tiny and vertigo inducing running track (9 laps to a mile). The best idea is treadmills in port!

el henry

I believe the laps for a mile figres are correct. I know I read them somewhere (in the copy of Patters I found on line http://www.cruisedailies.com/portal/CruiseLines/Princess/CaribbeanPrincess/782006EasternCaribbean/tabid/301/Default.aspx )

I also remember reading that the promanade deck is for wlakers only. The running track on sports deck is for running.

Archived