canceling cruise air

Cruise cutie

Talk to the cruiseline or your TA.

As a general rule, you will loose the price of your air.

However, an exception may be made, as the cruiseline has you on different flights. They will NOT make an exception just because you found cheaper air.

Your best bet is to explain the situation-separated family, 2 flights and throw it back to them. However, they are under NO obligation to get you to the ship on the same flights. They only promised you air to the ship, not a particular airline, time or all seats on the same plane.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Yes, you can cancel cruise air after final payment but you will have to pay large cancellation fees, especially since your flights have already been ticketed. Unless you would be saving hundreds of dollars by booking on your own, it probably will cost you more than you would save to cancel cruise air at this late of date.

Call the cruise line and give it a try; the worst that can happen is they say no. I cancelled my cruise air with HAL after the final payment because they were going to book me on a flight out of West Palm Beach (the cruise is from Port Everglades) and I was very unhappy. Didn't pay a penalty and no questions asked. Just finding a cheaper airfare might not be enough for them to let you cancel but it can't hurt to ask.

Archived