18-20 year olds - anything to do?

baseballdad

When we cruised. We called him the vampire. He trolled the decks with other kids looking for something to do. We took him to the comedy shows, which he enjoyed.

He said the arcade was pretty lame and most of the machine needed repairs. He didn't want to spend gobs of money surfing the net.

There are alot of kids that seemed to do the same thing, so I'm sure they'll make some friends or deck mates.

Kappy:D

Ya know, I think you have made a huge mistake buying them a ticket on your upcomming cruise. There is absolutely nothing for them to do. Since the tickets are non-refundable you probably need to mail them to me and I will do whats best.

Hanging by the pool, working on a tan, listening to poolside music, going on excursions in port, eating yourself sick, catching a recently release movie, checking out the oposite sex, watching the ocean go by, reading a good book, working out in the weight room, etc... nothing in the world to do for these young people. Nothing.

Ya know, I think you have made a huge mistake buying them a ticket on your upcomming cruise. There is absolutely nothing for them to do. Since the tickets are non-refundable you probably need to mail them to me and I will do whats best.

Hanging by the pool, working on a tan, listening to poolside music, going on excursions in port, eating yourself sick, catching a recently release movie, checking out the oposite sex, watching the ocean go by, reading a good book, working out in the weight room, etc... nothing in the world to do for these young people. Nothing.

You can hang out near the bars and beg for someone to purchase beer... like I use to do when I was 12... :cool:

Damn, was that you standing outside that bar while I was waiting? How did 'ya make out; got me a 6 pack of Falstaff, lol.

I was an 18-20 yr old on my first cruise (Royal Caribbean). It was an out of the ordinary, older crowd, due to the cruise being in Alaska. The first night they had a meeting for 18-20 yr olds to meet, it was on the daily schedule they leave in your room. There were only 6 of us total in that age range I believe. We made the best of it. We participated in all the trivia games and name that song games.

We played "hey mister"..."hey mister, can you buy us a bottle of booze". Probably not the smartest thing we did, since we got caught by one of the bartenders in the club while we were pouring rum from a water bottle into our sodas. When I say "caught", I mean he saw us and we ran!!!! haha...we didn't get in any trouble, but I read on here a few days ago that underage kids were caught drinking and were kicked off at the next port with the rest of their family. Boy would my Mom have been pissed if that happened. But we were all young once and I'm more mature now and can see how I was wrong.

But other than that, there wasn't much else to do. Oh wait, they had a mini golf course that we frequented. Either way, there's always something to do. If all else fails, head to the buffet and eat all day! :D

I don't think the "teen club" is necessary for 18-20......but a couple of organized "meet and greets" for that age would probably be nice. Perhaps over a little "karaoke" for an hour.

I used to think that they couldn't have fun because they were not drinking age...but then I remember...hey I drank only water on the Pride in March and I don't gamble and I still had a BLAST!!!

My 18 year old has been cruising with Carnival since he was 8 and December will be his first cruise as a young adult. I may get with Noonan and see if there is some kind of young single adult event we can orgainze.

Trvia games and name that tune, etc are alot of fun, my girls and nephews thought so too. And don't forget ping pong, basketball and mini golf. Movies on the deck at night, hanging out at the pool during the day. The younger crowd in our group range from 15-21 and never lacked for anything to do and they met alot of new friends, matter of fact the only time we saw them was at dinner and when we went on shore. They will have a great time. Laura

When are u cruising in may?

May 19, Miracle out of New York.

The kids have had great times with the teen activities on prior cruises, but from what I see, those things end at 17.

Carnival, if you read this... A Meet & Greet for 18 to 20's would be a Very Good Thing, as Martha Stewart might say... Once you throw them together, I'm pretty sure they can figure out their own Itinerary.

Archived