QE2 Speakers? Jan 8 2007

captain_rad

We just got our inital packet from Cunard for the first two legs of the world cruise (NY-Sydney :) ). But, what wasn't in there was who the speakers will be. Has anyone heard yet?

My wife has already begun to pack (big surprise, right) now we have almost no room for regular clothes because she has too many ball gowns for the cruise. But, she came up with a great solution so that we don't have to bring everything back from Sydney. Wear it once and leave it on the ship. We must stay under the weight and bag limit.:eek: I told her we should be able to find a cheaper way to clean out our closets than taking a cruise.

We will be bringing our daughter with us this trip. We figure the QE2 and the fine people that sail on her will add to her education before she enters pre-med school in the fall. She will be turning in her studies via the internet, but is concerned about needing help with her calculus. Any math teachers sailing?

We just got our inital packet from Cunard for the first two legs of the world cruise (NY-Sydney :) ).

We will be bringing our daughter with us this trip. We figure the QE2 and the fine people that sail on her will add to her education before she enters pre-med school in the fall. She will be turning in her studies via the internet, but is concerned about needing help with her calculus. Any math teachers sailing?

I'll be on for the full cruise, too. I am retiring from my job as a high school principal. I used to be an English teacher as well (can't help with the calculus). With requests for tutoring assistance and home (at sea) schooling in other posts maybe I should head up a school on board the Queen!

I laughed heartily at your comment about clearning out a closet!

Looking forward to meeting you.

Bobby

PS... I still haven't received my documents yet, so I am glad you mentioned that. I will raise the roof with Cunard tomorrow.

Hi!

We are taking my 13 year old sister, and i´ll be teaching her. How old is your daughter? Maybe she want´s to join us?? We will be boarding in Southampton and stay for the whole World Cruise.

Greetings....

Our daughter is 17 and a senior in high school. We figure that this will be her last big vacation before starting college. She likes to read, A LOT. We figure if we can't find her she will be in the library or at a lecture. She also plans on taking the dance classes and the water color classes. Our daughter loves poetry but won't share her own. Maybe Bobby1119 can help?:eek:

In the evenings we always hang out in the Chart Room listening to the piano player and the Harpist.

We are looking forward to seeing all the new people in New York, hooking up sounds like a great idea.

Bobby perhaps you need to make some more space in your suitcases for some Poems....hahaha! just kidding!

My sister plans on taking the dance classes aswell, she loves dancing. She assists to a dance school, but they only do modern dancing, and she would like to learn some new styles. Now they are practicing a new coreography.

Perhaps your daughter want´s to go with her if she doesn´t think my sister is to young...hahaha. Does she care?

But i guess she won´t join her maths lessons, hahaha! as my sis is 13, and your daughter 17. If she has some book with her to practice her calculus, i would not worry about it, sure she will find some help when she gets stuck. The experience on board will bring her much more than the one she can get in a classroom for sure. And so she can have a little break before college.

Looking forward to meet you all.

Bye....

I will be taking alot of reading material with me and had planned to bring along some poetry books. I will throw a few more in. Looking forward to meeting you all, but I am not sure how we actually do that or identify ourselves to one another.

Don´t worry about that, when the time to depart aproaches we can find a meeting point, or send a picture.....hahaha! However, my expierence on QE2 is that soon or late, it´s like a big big family, and the people who are on the World Cruise soon almost know each other. Or you can just sit in the Chart Room wearing a T-Shirt with a message saying: I´m Bobby and i Love Literature! .....just kidding!

Archived