Excursion

adaleyldaley

Cruising on the Carnival Conquest for the third time. This cruise is Nov, 26th. Wanting to know if any of you cruisers have taken the excursion in Cozumel to the Mayan Ruins? It shows to be around 7 hours long, total, and was wondering if it is worth seeing. Thanks

If you're talking about Tulum, then yes, I think it's worth it. I've been before, and am taking my hubby and kids this time. We leave on Sunday!! Woo hoo!

The last time I went, I booked through Carnival (what a cattle call!) so this time we booked through a private tour company. The four of us will have our own guide and driver, less $$$, no hassle and no hot, crowded busses.;)

Now, the thing to watch out for is "dock or tender". If you dock, all is well, you'll take the 10am ferry to the mainland and be off to the ruins. If you tender, you can't make the ferry in time and the next one doesn't go until noon. Then you really don't have time to see the ruins and be back in a timely manner. If you really really want to go, and must tender in, you should book through Carnival just to make sure that you're not left behind. Although I'll bet you if you go this route, you'll want to visit again with a private guide.;)

Cruising on the Carnival Conquest for the third time. This cruise is Nov, 26th. Wanting to know if any of you cruisers have taken the excursion in Cozumel to the Mayan Ruins? It shows to be around 7 hours long, total, and was wondering if it is worth seeing. Thanks
We did the Tulum excursion though Carnival last December. Tendering worked out well for this because a tender took us directly to the mainland. We didn't go to Cozumel first and then have to take the ferry. I feel more comfortable using Carnival for excursions that are this long and involve several forms of transportation. Just too many things that could go wrong and make me miss the ship!

Archived