Mastercard And And 2 For 1 Dinner

Leona1

I have read somewhere a while back on this board that if you book your cruise with Mastercard you get a coupon for a 2 for 1 at the restaurant of your choice on the first night.

Has anyone read anything about something like this.

Shoreguy????????

Leona

I have read somewhere a while back on this board that if you book your cruise with Mastercard you get a coupon for a 2 for 1 at the restaurant of your choice on the first night.

Shoreguy????????

Leona

Mastercard did have a promo which I think ended in March. If you booked your cruise with mastercard you received a coupon book when you boarded. There was a coupon that gave you one free cover charge when you purchase one at any specilty restaurant on embarkation night.

Shoreguy????????

Leona

I have one in front of me buy one get one free first night of cruise only. How you get the coupon book is a mystery to me. I always book with my NCL Mastercard and have only gotten the book twice. Both times they had it at the front desk and left me a message the second day.

The book I have expires at the end of the year so who knows if the program will run again in 2007.

How you get the coupon book is a mystery to me. I always book with my NCL Mastercard and have only gotten the book twice.

I also always book w the NCL Mastercard, and so far I've never gotten the coupon book. You're two ahead of me (but also way ahead on # of NCL cruises) ;)

-Monte

I also always book w the NCL Mastercard, and so far I've never gotten the coupon book. You're two ahead of me (but also way ahead on # of NCL cruises) ;)

-Monte

Because of this message board, we knew about the booklets and went directly to the front desk on the ship when we boarded to request the booklets (one for each of us). The only coupons were used were the buy 2 get one free drinks on embarkation day. We never bothered with the specialty restaurants or photo coupons.

Because of this message board, we knew about the booklets and went directly to the front desk on the ship when we boarded to request the booklets (one for each of us). The only coupons were used were the buy 2 get one free drinks on embarkation day. We never bothered with the specialty restaurants or photo coupons.

I used a few. One that is no longer in the book buy 5 bottles of wine get one free.

I never knew about any coupon book... :eek:

:D So I can request one on embarkation day then? It's amazing the little things you learn on this board that you would never know otherwise.

We got something with our documents which we had to take to the reception desk to receive our coupon book.

So I guess the NCL MASTERCARD "points" are kind of worthless, huh? The points are :( only go for upgrades?

Definitely not...we just turned in 1000 points and saved $1000 on our cruise next summer. And we're working out way to another $500 in savings. I think the $$$ saved is the way to go, it doesn't seem that the upgrades are really worth it.

So I guess the NCL MASTERCARD "points" are kind of worthless, huh? The points are :( only go for upgrades?

Oh, the "points" are FAR from worthless (we redeemed 2000 points - worth $2000 off our next cruise).

This coupon book is not tied to the NCL MC. The book was a special promo that anyone who met the criteria could receive when they used ANY MC to pay.

We are traveling on the POH on October 30th. We booked and paid all charges using the NCL mastercard. In the documents received a few weeks back, there is a page that indicates we are to get a coupon book. You have to pick up the book at the desk. We have not gotten a book in the past. But it is my understanding from talking to the NCL rep that offered our upsell - the coupon books includes coupons for items on board - dinner, shops etc. When we return in November, I can give specifics as to what coupons are in the book.

2tnts,

that's exactly how I got my coupon booklets. In the ticket booklet NCL sends you (your travel docs), there is a page that says that if you turn it in they will give you one coupon booket for each passenger in your cabin. I paid for our cruise with a mastercard, but not an NCL mastercard. I got four booklets because we had four people in our cabin. (me and my three teenagers, God help me, LOL) :eek:

2tnts,

that's exactly how I got my coupon booklets. In the ticket booklet NCL sends you (your travel docs), there is a page that says that if you turn it in they will give you one coupon booket for each passenger in your cabin. I paid for our cruise with a mastercard, but not an NCL mastercard. I got four booklets because we had four people in our cabin. (me and my three teenagers, God help me, LOL) :eek:

I think I will notify NCL and see what they have to say about getting a coupon book. I did charge the entire cruise on the NCL Mastercard. We are in an Owners Suite.

Leona

We've always gotten the coupon book from our TA when she's given us our docs.

Read the fine print on the dinner coupon.

If my memory is correct it's not that great of a deal and you have to read the fine print. It's basically the same as the half price deal already being offered in the specialty restaurants on embarkation day. AND you have to use it between certain hours.

The photo coupons only come in handy if you buy a lot of pix.

The buy 2 drinks get one free is nice. But again it's only good on the first day.

We've always gotten the coupon book from our TA when she's given us our docs.

Read the fine print on the dinner coupon.

If my memory is correct it's not that great of a deal and you have to read the fine print. It's basically the same as the half price deal already being offered in the specialty restaurants on embarkation day. AND you have to use it between certain hours.

The photo coupons only come in handy if you buy a lot of pix.

The buy 2 drinks get one free is nice. But again it's only good on the first day.

Thanks for the info. I am not going to be concerned if I don't get one.

Leona

I have the coupon and the fine print - no restriction to a certain time unlike the normal 1/2 price onboard deal.

Archived