Questions about the Wind

cruisemama5

Is there a place on board to get ice. I like to drink water, and am planning on bringing an empty water bottle for shore excursions. I would like to put ice in it so it will be cold. Is there a refrigerator in the rooms? Also, is there a dvd or video machine in the rooms with the TV? Are the hair dryers any good, or should I bring my own? Are there plenty of hangers in the closets or should I bring some?

I can't see much information on this site about the Wind. It is mostly about the other ships. Anyone direct me to a place to read more specifically about the Wind and its restaurants and things on board?

Thanks!!

Just Back From The Wind. No Refrigerators, Ice Available Twice A Day, Just Tell Steward That You Would Like A Full Bucket. My Hair Is Short And Thin, So The Hairdryer Was Adequate. New Discovery: The Bistro Is Half Price For Reservatons At 5:30 And 6:00. This Was Our Second On The Wind To Fanning Island, Love This Cruise And This Ship.

Is there a place on board to get ice. I like to drink water, and am planning on bringing an empty water bottle for shore excursions. I would like to put ice in it so it will be cold. Is there a refrigerator in the rooms? Also, is there a dvd or video machine in the rooms with the TV? Are the hair dryers any good, or should I bring my own? Are there plenty of hangers in the closets or should I bring some?

I can't see much information on this site about the Wind. It is mostly about the other ships. Anyone direct me to a place to read more specifically about the Wind and its restaurants and things on board?

Thanks!!

I've got medium to thick hair and the hair dryer is adequate but that's about it. We've told our room steward that we typically have something to drink in our cabin before dinner and would need extra ice every day....some stewards will offer to bring an extra ice bucket to the room and fill it every day....some just say you can order from room service. It's no big deal to us either way so we just go with the flow. If I remember correctly theres 10 hangers (might be 12) in the room. I always throw a couple of extra in my suitcase as no matter where we go (cruise ship versus land based hotel) I never seem to have enough. If you ask your room steward they can usually rustle up a few for you but they are typically just the wire hanger type.

If you want to read up more about the Wind I would suggest the following link on cruise critic here...

NCL Wind Review

You can read the "professional review" and there is a link right under the picture of her near the top of the page for Member Reviews. I would caution you though to take everything with a grain of salt...that includes the gushy good reviews as well as the "I'll never sail on her again" reviews....remember somewhere in the middle lies the truth.

We've sailed on the Wind 4x's and have had a wonderful time each time we've sailed on her. She is older though and not as large as some of the newer vessels hence some negativity at times from some of the cruisers. As long as you are not looking for an ultra modern, rock climbing, mega ship you'll have a good time on her.

i wrote a long review with details about my 9/27-10/10 cruise. i was going to add lots more details but i barely got a response for all the time i spent writing those few posts.

i got a couple thank yous and was very grateful. but noone else responded or asked questions so i discontinued writing and the thread apparently got buried due to lack of interest.

BUT i will answer what i can for you here.

There is always ice available at The Pizzeria, Deck 11, Aft. The ice in the bucket tends to melt fast!

I had an inside room and no refrigerator.

I brought my own hair dryer and was glad i did. The hair dryer they have on the Wind is basically a long hose with hot air. It wouldnt have dried my hair at all.

hope this helps! have a wonderful time onboard!

cruisemama

also, if you have ANY more questions, send me an email and i will fill you in on everything i know.

i love to give back to the people on this board!

innis_fan@yahoo.com

also, you can click on my username and read my recent posts. i have been posting WIND tips and tricks all over the crusie critic board.

Is there a place on board to get ice. I like to drink water, and am planning on bringing an empty water bottle for shore excursions. I would like to put ice in it so it will be cold.

We just returned from our cruise on the Wind and that was a small problem we had, getting and keeping our drinks cold. Our room stewards were great tho and we got ice from them when ever we needed it. NCL sells water at the tender stations as you leave the ship but the price was something like $4.50 :eek: per large bottle, on shore it was half that price.

I found the hairdryer in the room ok but we brought our own. If you are tight on luggage space leave yours home.

The thought the Bistro was the best restaurant and we ate there a few times. Get your reservations in early tho or you may have a hard time getting the seating time you want. There was an extra $10.00 charge for the dinners there(1/2 price at 5:30-6:00pm) but it was well worth it. As for the other restaurants, they were fine with very little wait time during the times we ate which was around 5:30 to 6:00pm.

Have a great time on the Wind, we sure did.

Larry M.

Archived