Has anyone used Thrifty In Fort Lauderdale?

fig414

Hi
We are staying a week post cruise in Florida and need to rent a car. They seem to have a nice local office and a nice rate for the week, but I've never used them. Can anyone who has used Thrifty please comment on their experience.
Thanks,

I can't comment specifically on the Thrifty in Ft. Lauderdale but I have used them in the past. Most car rental agencies are the same. My experience is that it's better to book over the phone than on line only because you will get the bottom line on the phone. I made the mistake of booking a car on line through Budget in DC and got hit with lots of additional "airport" fees, etc at the counter even though the on line quote was less. Make sure to get all the fees upfront and then compare with other agencies. Consumer Reports did a survey and found that if you push for a cheaper deal on the phone, you may get it. That's my advice!

Why not try Priceline? I just reserved a premium vehicle (buick lesabre with xm satellite radio), for our pre-cruise stay in Fort Lauderdale on Aug. 26. Our daily rate including taxes and priceline service charges is $35.84. Avis' web site shows that car at $105.22 per day including taxes. My bid was $25 per day which was accepted on first try. Scott

We have used Thrifty twice now. It was very convenient and inexpensive. There is a shuttle pickup out side the terminal that took us to the lot. Depending on when you arrive, you can use the desk inside the terminal then you will be taken straight to the car. We then returned the car the next day to their location near the airport in Miami. They had a shuttle that took us down to the pier. We booked online thru Orbitz but the price was the same thru the Thrifty web page. This last time the total for 1 day (including all taxes) for a full size car was $32.00

Archived