Star in Vila

suexxx

hi all. Just had a look at cruise cams. Star appears to be docked at PORT VILA. She was not due there until Tomorrow morning(Sunday). Hope all is well. Does seem strange to be approx 12hrs early to port. Suexxx:confused:

It's annoying when these unscheduled things happens so close to departure date. I've stopped looking at the MSN 10- day weather forecasts (Noumea and Vila are available for viewing) There are not too many suns about :-(

The forecasters never get it right anyway. Thanks for pointing that out SueXXX

Cheers all,

Kinka (Anna)

I just received this from the tropical cyclone warning centre mayb this is why there is a delay

Storm Alert issued at 22 Oct, 2006 0:00 GMT

Tropical Storm 01P is forecast to strike land to the following likelihood(s) at the given lead time(s):

Red Alert Country(s) or Province(s)

Vanuatu

probability for CAT 1 or above is 40% in about 24 hours

probability for TS is 80% in about 24 hours

Note that

Red Alert (Severe) is CAT 1 or above to between 31% and 100% probability.

Jane it's been a shocker. I think it's due to packing!! I said the other day that I was only taking 4 pairs of shoes.... well, wrong. I then remembered that my feet swell and sometimes I can't wear certain shoes. One formal night I had a nice pair of shoes with a heel and had to wear flat leather thongs, not quite what I had in mind, so I have to cater for the swelling just in case!

Then I realised I'll need a few extra tops. If I'm anything like I was in Asia with the heat then everything will be dripping (and I love the heat) but boy.....So I'm taking a few extra clothes for 'just in cases' lol.

So hows everyone elses packing going?

Kerri

18!! lol. I've packed probably close to 12 tops but that's also 1 for formal night, a couple of pool shirts and about 4 for non formal dinners. I then figured what the heck, I'm going to do my best then not to wash. (that'll be a good test!!) I ended up putting in 2 pairs of evening shoes due to feet swelling, thongs, runners and 2 pairs of cas. sandals in case of swelling and oh lets not forget those hideous water shoes. lol.

Kerri

Archived