Edventure Tours

intothisfire

hey everyone,

i have read alot of good positive things about edventure tours.

my question is this....

it is just myself and my fiance, can we rent a tour from them with just the two of us?

also do we rent the jeep in calica(from executive) and drive to tulum to meet edeventure or playa del carmen?

what is this transportation cost?

is that if we dont rent a vehicle, and if we dont and pay the 50 dollar transportation cost, do we take a cab to meet them and if so where?

also what is the usual things you do with them?

thanks for the help!

Hello ... I highly recommend Edventures ... Bonnie and Eddie will work out just about anything you want to do ... yes, as long as the date is available, you can do a tour with just the two of you. They will really cater to what you want to do - they are great!

We used Edventures last year and we are using them again next month.

As far as transportation ... I know they changed up a bit since I took them last year, but I would bet that you can rent your own vehicle. Bonnie will tell you how everything works. Last year, they picked us up at the pier, but I think the government stopped them from doing that in their own car (I think that is what I remember her saying). This year we have a large group, so she is renting a 10 passenger van and picking us up from the pier (and just adding a per passenger charge for transportation).

Just email Bonnie and tell her what you want to do ... she will give you all the options.

Have Fun!!

Stephanie

Yes they will do a tour for the 2 of you. I was set up for just 2 kids and myself.

We took a taxi from the taxi stand just past the small shopping area. I think it was $14 to get to Lapis where we met Eddie & Bonnie.

Stephanie is right, they can only pick up large groups at the pier. They can however drop you back at the port ...... discretely.

E-mail Bonnie, she will set up your day however you want it.

How long does it take for them to respond to an email? I emailed early last week... and still no response!

Stephuney, when next month are you requesting them? Maybe she's booked up already and that's why no response?

I think we'd be in Calica on Nov 4... there are 4 of us.

Hi, my wife and I will be on that same cruise (Imagination arriving Calica Nov.4) and we have emailed Edventures as well and were wondering if you would mind the two of us tagging along, after all, it is usually cheaper by the dozen and it may already be too late to book with Bonnie & Ed w/o being part of a larger group. I'm 50 my wife is 40 phisically active and not uptight or obnoxious. We were considering renting a jeep and going it on our own until we read about Edventures, seems like they really are the ticket. Would like to see the ruins of Coba and find a nice beach later but are flexible. :)

Steve & Roxanne

Hi Steve and Roxanne,

I wouldn't mind at all you joining us (we are two couples in our eek... hate to say it mid-30s) We've done the ruins before though, and were hoping to skip that part.

Did they contact you yet?

I checked out the other excursion site, and they seemed a bit pricey.

If I don't hear from them, I was thinking of just beaching it. Or maybe the Xelta... or however you spell it. We were there before and it's gorgeous.

If I don't hear from them, I was thinking of just beaching it. Or maybe the Xelta... or however you spell it. We were there before and it's gorgeous.

Star, I wouldnt "beach" em just yet ... I usually wait for a week to get a response from Bonnie. It seems like she doesnt do email very often. Perhaps emailing her one more time.

The last I heard from her was 10/18 - so she's bound to be checking email again soon (I am expecting another response).

We are using them on Nov 23 (Thanksgiving Day).

I am sure the beaches are great too, but IMO, yuo wouldnt want to pass up an excursion with Edventures.

Good Luck ... whatever you do, you'll have fun!!

I just emailed them this afternoon and haven't been replied to yet, though I really didn't expect to hear from them this soon. I know we'll be coming back to the Yucatan again and again so no big deal on the ruins. Hope we're not too late maybe they have expanded their tour operations. Yea, checked out the other excursion site and $320.00 for groups under 4 was like OUCH!! If we're going to spend it sounds like we should give Ed a chance. Xel ha does sound like a nice place to hang and snork. You can get to know us a bit by going to our band's web site flipcitylive.com we just started it up and don't quite have it where we would like it to be yet. You won't have any problems running into us on the ship we like to dance! Otherwise we're in cabin B8. We went to Cozumel a few years ago on the Fascination (Imagination's sister ship) took the Fury catamaran snorkeling trip had a blast and beat the locals in volleyball (were they ever p***ed). Maybe if I emailed and said we had 6 people now she would get back to us sooner. Still thinking about bombin around in a jeep all else fails. S&R

1122628074_SteveRoxresize.jpg.a682d7714941099526004d7820b1e1ab.jpg

Would you mind letting them know there's a couple interested in tagging along. I emailed them again this morning telling them how we came across each other and maybe they'll put two & two together. Really don't mind whatever you may have planned I'm sure that since you've been there/done that it would be a blast! Good Lord, I feel like someone's kid brother, hope I don't seem pushy, or annoying. Oh, please excuse my typical 'made in Wisconsin' body this is a perfect example of why Tommy Thompson resigned his cabinet position for Bush

434877889_SteveRox2resize.jpg.e29994da32eb3b706dd80debc8ec8d0c.jpg

Hi Steve,

I'll email them again too... I'm getting worried because it's almost just a week away.

This will be my friend's first cruise, she keeps telling me about the Carnival excursions... I'd really like to steer clear of them, but if I don't hear from Edventures by Thursday, I think I'm booking something else...

Cool, two more Ed! Still, when you're getting off a boat with 2000 people 8 is a pretty tiny group but with ten we'll all be carrying our bags on our laps...big deal let's do this. On the plus side they'll be picking us up at the pier now! This site has been great! I feel like I've already been there! 11 days 2 go!! Go ahead and snow

1013216760_Portalresized.jpg.3d144f1ede93a181f09c3e8bf3291534.jpg

Yay!! I know this is going to be the coolest 8 hours of our life especially with a guide like Edventures. The first part of the email was in regards to our first intentions and how they could cater to them, though we're not sure how we will actually decide to spend our day with them The second part of the email was, I'm sure, sent to every inquiry. Here's the generic part of their email to us it's sooo dreamy...I can't wait!

"Thanks for your inquiry!

Great to hear your coming to paradise!

We'd be honored to show you this amazing area! The places are incredible!

"We snorkle the underground rivers cenotes of Dos Ojos, there we see the the amazing stalactite and stalagmite formations in fresh crystal clear turqoise waters. It is a cave setting, yet open on one side to the jungle all around! Great if anyone is a bit claustrophobic! There are a couple little spider monkeys there and some other animals native to the jungle. Fun to interact and take some photos. Then we take you to a beautiful bay to swim with the sea turtles! There is some nice reef there as well. And then on to a wonderful lagoon, an inlet from the ocean that forms a natural aquarium full of tropical fish! We also have a zipline available where we zip over the jungle canopy 600 ft.! A great rush!"

Now does that sound cool or what!!! How would you like to have that job!

We'll see all of you at Ed's Nov 4th! I'm celebrating my 51st B-day in paradise!!

30824798_Cozumel5resized.jpg.077d8664b01c02199372d8d122fc3d33.jpg

Hi Steve,

Hey! I still didn't receive a reply. How do they set it all up? Do you pay now and then meet them somewhere?

Are you and your wife going to do a private tour? How many tour operators do they have?

Hmmm... I hope I get a reply today. :rolleyes:

They said they would meet us on the dock with a sign that had our name on it and then jump in their van (which tells me they have a fairly large group to pick up) where they will take us to their shop near Tulum. If we wanted a private tour they would help us rent a vehicle (at our expense, of course) and send someone along with us...so they must have people helping them guide. Also, we would need to send along a deposit for the car. Since we haven't decided whether, or not we would rent I sent 100. via Paypal (how about that, I think I'm her first Paypal customer since she just set up a 'premium' account) Told Bonnie to use it for whatever we decided to do. I might add that we will probably wait until we get to the shop to make up our minds, after all, we may have made some friends to hang with by then. Hope this helps. I feel pretty confident they'll contact you. See ya!

1841735925_TwoShipsresized.jpg.cf5a1d0488af8b2b5dfd301bff1345d1.jpg

Rcknroll, except for the zip-lining that's exactly what we did with Ed after visiting the ruins at Talum. It IS everything Ed says it is. He has several family members that help him guide. I agree with with you, he has a fantastic job!

I don't know what to do. They haven't contacted me! :confused:

I was thinking maybe my ISP was blocking their emails, but I get all sorts of junk that comes thru... I doubt that's the reason.

I'm going to attempt to contact thru my work email. Maybe that will work?

:) I highly recommend making any tour arrangements with Eduardo and Bonnie. We are not water people but made arrangements to go to Coba with them. We arrived via CCL Holiday.

We arrived in Calica and took a cab to Tulum $40.00 one-way. We spent a little over an hour touring the ruins before searching for their shop which is located in the area in front of the main parking lot. We met with Eduardo and Bonnie for our trip. Today we were going to be driven to Coba by Judy (Mother-in-Law). We stopped at the local market for some sodas and water for the journey. Judy joined us for the tour as we had a guide for 90mins. We shared our snacks and made her part of our family while exchanging information about living in the area. After 3hrs we headed back to Calica via Dos Ochos to visit a spider monkey. We arrived back at the port 45mins before departure. This journey was the best and I would do it again. This is a good way to explore two different Mayan ruins from one location with a great bunch of people.

7am Depart ship

8am Arrive Tulum

930am Depart Tulum

11am Arrive Coba

130pm Depart Coba

3pm Arrive at port

• 2 weeks later...

Go to the web site, click on the sea turtle, email them, now get your behind down to Tulum for an unforgettable 'Edventure". I can't really say anymore then what's already been stated except for 'Ditto' the only way to go! My first post got lost because I was on the phone and got automattically logged out (Thanks AOL) luckily I was able to retrieve it and put it in as an attachment.

By the way, good to finally meet you Star10 hope you too had as fine a time

Till the next cruise!

Thanks Judy!.txt

• 2 weeks later...

We have just returned from our cruise over the Thanksgiving holiday and spent 2 days with Bonnie and Eddie. They were great tour guides and we would highly recommend them. We never seemed to have enough time to do everything we wanted but they helped us do as much as possible. Carlos was our van driver and if you need to be somewhere on time (like making it to your ferry) he's the one that can make it happen! Snorkeling in the cenotes with Eddie was outstanding and he even took pictures of us for us with our camera. Their website is www.edventuretours.com sometimes it takes a day or so for Bonnie to get back to you but it is well worth it. Eddie's mother Judy also took the grandparents for a day to Cancun and they were well pleased.

Archived