question about trip insurance

bubbles1209

I'm almost 100% sure that the answer is going to be no, :o but I'm asking anyway:o . Has anyone ever gotten trip insurance that will re-imburse you if something comes up at work, and you cannot get the time off afterall............and you've made final payment? Example, you book in September, pay off in November, then in January you are told they need you to cover this position starting this particular week in February, and it turns out to be :eek: the week of your cruise and they will not let you off work afterall. This hasn't happened to me..........I will say yet, hope it doesn't, but if it did, would there be a policy anywhere to cover something like that?:confused:

P.S. Made the deposit mid-September, haven't paid it off yet. The only ones I've found says you can get the cancel for any reason added if your purchase within 14-15 days of your initial down payment. Any policies that give you longer than that?:o :confused: .............or have I "missed the boat" so to speak?

You can buy insurance for anything, really, contact Lloyds of London, and they will create a policy for your to cover under any circumstances, the premium on those policies goes up with their risk. The premium on a policy you describe would be pretty excessive. In other words, not worth it...

We are booked on Princess and picked their insurance which covers any cancellation for any reason with 75% credit towards another Princess cruise or 90% credit with the gold policy. Although it is a sister company, I don't believe Carnival has a comparable policy. We usually use Travelguard who is excellent and we use them on all of our cruises but picked the Princess policy because of the cancel for any reason clause. I believe Travelguard will give you $250 back if you buy within 15 days.

We always purchase travel insurance for cruises and the last few times we've been getting a policy from TravelSafe and paying extra for the "Cancel for any reason" option. You can cancel for ANY reason up to 2 days before your trip start date and get 75% of your money back. So that covers anything including your work scenario. (Of course if it is a COVERED reason, than you get all your money back just like a regular policy.)

You have to buy the policy and that option within 14 days of the initial payment and you have to insure all nonrefundable costs.

I have Global Alert. It would not cover you under this circumstance. It would cover you if you lost your job due to termination or layoff and had to cancel your cruise. Which policy do you have?
I don't have a policy yet, still looking, the cruise isn't until Feb. I should have went ahead and gotten the insurance when we booked, but at the time, it was a money issue. When the money issue was over, I was so wrapped up in the passport controversy that first extra money I had, I got my passport. So now, looks like a cancel for any reason clause is out of the question, because we booked a little over a month ago. Guess I'll just stick with the travelex travelite policy we got last time, and pray nothing comes up at work where we can't go.

Archived