Don Ho's Bar and Grille

PACURN

I just want to give you a heads up on this restuarant. It's in Aloha Tower Shopping Center.

We were there recently and were not really satisfied with the service. The food was good but the service was poor. We arrived on a Sat. night and it was almost empty ( guess I know why now). We orderd and it took for ever for the food to arrive. When it did each person's came out at different times. Some people were already finsihed before others were served. I would have understood if the restaurant was busy but it wasn't.

The advertisment also states that there is local entertainment on the weekends. Well, we arrived at 8:00 and the entertainment was packing up to go home. I thought that was interesting. You would expect entertainment to go a little later on a weekend.

Anyhow, I would think twice about going to that restaurant again. :(

Next time try Gordon Biersch. It is also at Aloha tower , next to Don Ho, and food is pretty tasty. Not as Hawaiian perhaps, but they have seating that looks out on the water, service was good and food was good. They also brew their own beers there and offer a great beer sampler. I would go again. The garlic fries are to die for.

Unfortunately, none of the restaurants at Aloha Tower can really be recommended strongly (except maybe Gordon Biersch which is a great bar and I agree has great garlic fries and Chai's Island Bistro which has really high level Hawaiian music entertainment at night). For food, though, you're better off walking across the street to Palomino's in the Harbor Court building or walking down the street to Restaurant Row which has a number of good places.

Spleen

Archived