Gumbalima Park/Canopy Adventure

pzerba

I am very interested in doing the Canopy Adventure with Tabayana Beach offered by Princess on our upcoming Grand Princess cruise (11/25-12/2)

My question is, do we also get to explore Gumbalimba Park, or do we just "zip" throught it?

Any help great appreciated!!

pzerba - I've signed up for this excursion on the Grand in January. Hopefully, someone will respond so we'll both know. If not and you go on the excursion anyway, please provide me with a post when you get back so I'll know. thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We did this in June of the Carnival Valor. You zip thru the park then spend the day on Tabiana Beach. This was a great tour. My wife and I enjoy snorkling. You can go right off the beach and it was the best I've ever done. We are going on the Explorer of the Sea in January. Unfortunitly were not stopping in Roatan this trip. I will make it a point to go back on the next one. Have fun!!

• 2 weeks later...

When we did the zip line, we had a choice between doing the zip line and then going to Tabyana or doing the zip line and staying at Gumbalimba. We stayed at Gumbalimba. After we zipped down, we did a guided tour of the park, and played with the monkeys and macaws. Then some of the folks in our group boarded buses and went back to the ship, but our guide had said we could stay and play on the beach for awhile or sneak back to play with the monkeys. It was the best day of our cruise. We stayed on the beach with another couple. Dh and the other man went snorkling, waaaaaayyyy out and had an amazing time. I stayed on the beach. There were no more than 10 people there. It was so quiet and peaceful.

They had a lobster lunch that was available, and we had that. But had we known there was another lunch option there, we would have done that. That food was really good, and cheaper than the $20 lobster lunch (which was also delicious). There are also a few souvenir shops.

If you're looking for a party beach, the beach at Gumbalimba isn't it. But if you're looking for a quiet day, it's awesome.

Archived