Infinity (South America)Shore Excursion Problem

shifty

We just received the Shore Excursion booklet from Celebrity for our 12/30/06 South America cruise. The booklet shows several tours available for Ushuaia, yet the website (where we booked all other tours) states that no excursions are available for this port.

When I called Celebrity I was told that the tours in this port are probably sold out, which is why the website shows no tours available. I am highly skeptical of this response, since the booklet just came out, and I find it hard to believe that all the tours would be sold out so early.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

For those of you who have been to Port Stanley, can you tell me if a hop-on hop off (or similar)bus is available? Or is a self-guided walking tour practical? We will have been to a port where we'll see penguins, and once is enough for us.

Thanks.

Mike S

I had the same issue with our SA cruise begining 19Nov. Celebrity is really slow about loading some of the shore excursions into the web site.

I did find that taking a "back door" approach did eventually work. Try going to the Cruise Calendar after you enter your booking number and then selecting the day you are interested in.

:) Eventually every port was available to book this way.

Best of luck,

Kevin & Carol

Minnetonka MN

We just received the Shore Excursion booklet from Celebrity for our 12/30/06 South America cruise. The booklet shows several tours available for Ushuaia, yet the website (where we booked all other tours) states that no excursions are available for this port.

When I called Celebrity I was told that the tours in this port are probably sold out, which is why the website shows no tours available. I am highly skeptical of this response, since the booklet just came out, and I find it hard to believe that all the tours would be sold out so early.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

For those of you who have been to Port Stanley, can you tell me if a hop-on hop off (or similar)bus is available? Or is a self-guided walking tour practical? We will have been to a port where we'll see penguins, and once is enough for us.

Thanks.

Mike S

In Ushuaia DO NOT TAKE the "Train to the End of the Earth". For the price it is a total rip-off as the guide books and people on our cruise who took it would affirm. We caught a local bus to the National Park for about 16 Pesos round trip; but that was when the peso was crashing. Still it is a good bargain if you want to see this attractive park. Or, you can hire a cab to take you around as a couple we know did.

In Port Stanley, try to E-mail a man named Patrick Watts. He is something special - knows every thing there is to know about the Falklands, and was a hero of the Argentine War, decorated by the Queen. He could not be a nicer person and you will get to know this remote place well.

I assume you will stop at Puerto Montt. We went to Puerto Varas, about 45 minutes away, and took a river raft on the Petrohue River offered by a German firm in Chile called Aqua Motion. It should be found under that name on Google and is well worth the very reasonable price.

We took this cruise on Mercury in January 2002 and it was one of the most memorable of our 19 cruises to date.

We are on the Infinity to SA on Jan 14th and the excursions are all up but you cannot get to them through "My Celebrity". Go to the planning your cruise button and go in this way. Even Celebrity will tell you that My Celeb does not work and hasn't for a while

Bob

Archived