Cozumel--anyone See Fake Luis Vuitton Purses????

canesfan1

Canesfan, you may want to try posting on the excursions board... also, give it more than an hour... you may not receive a reply until late in the day, or tomorrow... but I am sure if someone has an answer, they will let you know. We did not see any in Cozumel, however, we were not looking... So I can't help you there....good luck!

I think I saw some in Costa Maya last year. Have no idea of the price. They looked fake and I would not take one if it was given to me. I don't understand why people buy these cheap counterfeits anyway. Too me they always look cheap even without putting them next to the real thing. I would much rather have a decent Etienne Aigner or John Romain-good qaulity purses then a piece of junk.

I'm curious, too,about the fakes. I heard that you can get some in San Juan and Aruba. Louie, Coach and more. Can anyone help us purse lovers??

This is to luvsun and fun. In old San Juan there is a Coach outlet store. Real thing not fakes. The purses like started at $85. I was told they retailed like $300 plus so this was a good price. I checked the quality and the quality was as good as Eigner or John Romain which you can find in any Riches-Macys for around $100 regular price. I like a good purse and good quality one but this name thing means nothing to me but if I was to buy a Coach I would buy it there in old San Jaun. Forget the counterfeit stuff.

May I ask what is the attraction of LV which is basically a vinyl hand bag that at most should retail for no more than $50. True it's line with leather but so what? Do they really impress people? They are even an ugly color.

I better put my asbestos garb on now.

This is to luvsun and fun. In old San Juan there is a Coach outlet store. Real thing not fakes. The purses like started at $85. I was told they retailed like $300 plus so this was a good price. I checked the quality and the quality was as good as Eigner or John Romain which you can find in any Riches-Macys for around $100 regular price. I like a good purse and good quality one but this name thing means nothing to me but if I was to buy a Coach I would buy it there in old San Jaun. Forget the counterfeit stuff.

momofmeg, I have the real things (LV, Fendi,and D&B) but when I was in Hong Kong, I was able to get a fake that was so good you couldn't tell the difference. I'd prefer the Coach outlet store. Thanks for letting me know!

The fake purses are in St. Thomas right as you get downtown in the shopping district. They are in a flea market area. I looked all over Cozumel and couldn't find any. We always buy quite a few at St. Thomas. Louie, Coach, Kate Spade, etc. They also have backpacks, walets, and some luggage. The purses usually run about $40-$50 and you can't tell that aren't real. Sorry but go eastern caribbean next time.

There are a couple shops in Nassau selling fake Louis Vuitton (probably other designers, I didn't notice). They are very good fakes. You know they are fakes with prices around $100-150. I don't think you would have a problem with Customs if you just bought 1 or 2 bags. On the otherhand, if you fill your suitcase with 20 of them, it could be a problem! :eek: The shops are on the main street in Nassau. You can't miss them -- near the jewelry stores. :)

If you love Dooney's, then go to Vero Beach Outlet Mall - about 20 minutes from Port Canveral. They have an outlet store there - I got a $300 purse that I fell in love at Burdines for $125, matching wallet $12, and keychain $10. I was so thrilled it helped to eliminate the PCD from getting off of the Mariner of the Seas. Shopping does help - not as good as booking another cruise, but better than nothing!

Not to knock anyone that buys the knock-offs, but I don't get it. What is the allure? Are you trying to look like you have the money to afford the real thing? I'm not trying to sound mean, but really. Why are so many people so obsessed with this? I agree with the poster that brought up the fact that there are other nice bags out there that aren't the $2,000 brands. Anne Klein makes nice ones, Nine West has some nice ones, you can go to a Coach Oulet and get a real coach for a good price, etc.

You do realize that you are contributing to illegal counterfeting which can help terrorist cells by purchasing these fake items right? I'm not saying that all counterfeiters are terrorists, but some are.

It's just not right. Also, Customs will seize fake items, and have been trained to detect which ones are fake. Real Louis Vuitton items can only be purchased through their official boutiques, so unless you are coming from a place that has an official LV store, that's a dead giveaway right there. And if you have an LV fake that looks really good and you swear to them that it is real, than get ready to pay a lot of duty!

I have an authentic LV speedy. I really don't use it that much anymore. It seems that everytime I ride the Metro more women are carrying LV bags ( mostly fakes) so everyone is just going to assume that mine is fake too and think that I am a poser. So, what's the point? I just laugh when I see someone carrying a fake LV bag that would retail for over $2,000 if it was the real thing, and they are wearing dirty sweats and flip flops. C'mon people, just buy the real bags that are in your price range.

That reminds me, someone told me that they saw a Hyundai with a leaping cat (Jaguar hood ornament) affixed to the hood. I wonder if the driver also carried a fake bag!

Goo....most ppl wanna be part of the IN crowd!:)....so whateva happens to be the IN thang, ppl r gonna wants it.....the LV fakies are sooo common here that you dont even believe a real one is real when u see it...they sell them here at the flea markets for $35ish.......buyin knock offs and makin them work is all about havin the whole package.....like you said, if the person carrying one is wearin ratty clothes, they aint foolin no one:).....but really whats the harm....they feel good about having a fake and we arent gonna walk up to them and question them on it............the sad/funny slant to this story is that there are manyyyyy instances where Rich people are buyin knockoffs, and those who really cant afford it are buying the real deal.......most Americans are up to their ears in debt because they have to have the hip SUV and the big house to keeps up with the soccer mom neighbor........so even though they may be drivin and livin large, they aint got a dollar to their name that isnt owned by the bank:)..........that could be more lame than the poor person buying the fake LV........for disclosure purposes, i own a fake Rolex!.....Cozumel, $100, get em while u can :)

Ok, but you have to think of the other side of the illegal counterfeiting industry. You are helping the bad guys profit from this, and some of these people are terrorists. You are also taking from the legitimate businesses when buying fake products that are supposed to be mistaken for the real thing. It's just not right.

AAAAWWWWWW. It's so nice to see so many concerned about their neighbors well being. And the thought was no one cared about each other anymore. It's nice to see we're concerned about what our neighbors are wearing, cars they're driving, food they're eating, bags they're using.

I know I'll sleep better at night now that everyones' concerned about the Louie Batton wallet I just bought!:p

DD saved and saved to by a LV purse while on our spring break cruise. The first store she walked in to had all kinds of purses, bags, wallets, briefcases, watches...you name it. She "settled" on a bag that looked kind like an old fashioned country doctor's bag but smaller for $100 and a watch for I don't remember how much.

All I knew was that the real ones that the hip-hop artists she adored at the time had were in the thousands of dollars.

I wondered: "How good could this brand BE?"

Well I'm not sure about the real thing but the fake watch lost a hand after the ship sailed away and the bag lost a handle before we got home. Lucky for me I'd brought some superglue along which holds that sucker in place yet today.

Interestingly, one of the first posts we read on Cruise Critic upon return was that whatever they were asking for something to say it was too much, turn around and start to walk away and the price would be cut in half right then and there. Additional discounts could be had by pretty young ladies with a little smile or some secret charm thing you girls reading this know all about but us boys are just fools for and fall for everytime.

Back home DD asked me for money for something I thought was silly and I reminded her "Well NOW how important was that purse?" thinking I would convey some little life lesson for which she had first-hand knowledge and could relate to.

Her response?

"THAT'S a cool purse dad!"

I tried.

Oh, and that was in St Maarten.

Archived