Yet another DAWN kids club question

4merlurker

When the kids are in the club during the $$$ hours do they swipe the kid's cards or the parents? and when? We are traveling with another family and would give signing in/out privledges to them and vice-versa. Dont want billing mixups etc.

Thanks!

~Connie

Connie,

This is my first NCL cruise. However, I can tell you my past experience using Carnival and the $$$ drop off times. The person who dropped the kid off was the person who had to pick them up. There was a sign in sheet. It may be the same on NCL.

Hi Brenda! This is our first NCL cruise too. Sailed on RCCL's Explorer last November and the girls were able to sign themselves in and out and all kids club charges went on their S&S card. DH and I only went to the club on the first day to sign them up and the last day to drop off tips. Very convenient! Not that way on NCL though. :(

I'm just concerned with the late evenings. Will the kids be able to just stay straight through 'till 1am or will DH or I have to go up and sign them back in at 11pm and then out at 1. :eek:

See ya on the roll call!!! :)

~Connie

Connie,

Although I am not bringing my 4 year old on this cruise, I am very concerned about the way it all works on NCL too because I am considering cruising the Gem next year at this time with the little guy. I only know the way things worked on Carnival and I loved it. We could have dropped him off before 10 (the pay time) and didn't have to come back until we wanted to pick him up again.....anytime by 3a.m. I liked the idea of the "curfew" being later than 1 a.m. too. My biggest concern is that I don't believe that the little ones are put in quiet (or sleep) time at this late hour. I hear if they want they can watch tv and fall asleep, but they have the option to still play til 1 a.m.!!! On Carnival they all just watched tv and most fell asleep. I am afraid if my son plays til all hours of the night he will be cranky the next day. So I plan on checking things out a bit this year, even without him. I hope it all works out well for you and the kids. :)

I have used the Kids Club on all of my NCL cruises.

1.) No one under the age of 13 can sign themselves in and out of Kids Club regardless if parent's give permission. This is a safety provision that I think is very good.

2.) The pay hours for the Kids Club are 10:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.. All children must be picked up by 1:00 a.m. Group Babysitting (pay) is also available during times in port.

3.) You can assign sign-in/sign-out priviledges to other adults. We did it with my daughter and my nephew on our cruise this year.

4.) Children must be at least 2 years old to go to Kids Club. If the child is not potty trained, then the parents are given a beeper and paged when the child needs changed. This policy is in place for the pay hours as well.

5.) Kids Club opens at 7:00 p.m. and kids must be picked up by 10:00 p.m. unless using group (pay) sitting.

6.) NCL will not change a child's placement for any reason. The child's age at the date of sailing determines which age group they will be in during the cruise.

7.) If taking advantage of the Group Sitting (10-1), you do not have to return at 10:00 p.m. You do have to make reservations for the group sitting at least 24 hours in advance, but children in Kids Club when it closes at 10 and are signed up for the group sitting, stay right through.

Please ask if you have any other questions.

Archived