Butler service/dinner in suite?

star7228

I am just wondering about the butler service available in suites on the Pearl (and other NCL ships). On our cruise next summer, we’d like to have dinner in our suite (it’d be great on the balcony, but who knows if Alaska’s weather will comply :rolleyes: ), and I’m just wondering who has done this previously and how it works. I love the dining experience, it’s definitely one of our favorite aspects of cruising. When we order, do they bring everything at once (soup, salad, meal, dessert, etc.), or do they bring it continuously? Don’t things get cold? :)

This probably seems silly, but I’m really excited about this feature, I’m just curious how it is executed. Thanks in advance for all the wonderful feedback, as usual. :D

This probably seems silly, but I’m really excited about this feature, I’m just curious how it is executed. Thanks in advance for all the wonderful feedback, as usual. :D

It doesn't seem silly at all. On the Spirit last year we had our butler. Arnie, a very solicitous and helpful gentleman. We had breakfast in our suite frequently but we had not had dinner. Toward the end of the cruise, Arnie insisted that he be allowed to serve dinner in the suite.

What a pleasant experience! We casually ate dinner while Arnie served -- ever the perfect butler. We chatted about his home and his family and really got to know him. As pleasurable as the dinner!

Next year we're doing a 14 day LA to Miami in the Owner's Suite on the Pearl. Anticipating many happy dinners in the Suite. Wonder who the butler will be.

Awesome! Thanks so much for all the replies. I am really excited about this now. Is it true that we can also get the specialty restaurant food in our suites too?

I am super excited now. Thanks again! :D :D

You can order from any of the restaurants on the ship, the menus will all be waiting in your suite. You will still have to pay the fee for the specialty restaurant.

You'll love dinner in your suite. We've had both breakfast and dinner served there - I loved how our butler (Denny from the Dawn) had set things up. I agree with previous poster - if you want the courses staggered, I'm sure your butler will do his/her best. Since I eat salad last it works out fine - my husband doesn't care if his food is lukewarm while I prefer mine as hot as possible.

You're gonna be spoiled by the suite life! We opt to only cruise once a year so that we can afford our "suite addiction" and have never looked back..........:)

We invited friends to our cabin for an evening of butler service.

Before that, though....we went around to each of the restaurants, and jotted down things we wanted (an appetizer from here, an entree from there.....dessert from everywhere)

Then we called Karan, and gave him all the details.....everything showed up, and he served in courses....waiting (or so he said), in the hallway between courses.

It was phenomenal!

Sooooo...does he stay in the cabin or wait in the hallway? Oh dear, I am so glad the original poster asked this question about how it works. I am clueless.

Coka

Oh Coka, you KNOW you will invite him/her in to join you for dinner:)

They always become our best friends.

They will do whatever you like.

Are you actually going to sit still long enough to be served a whole dinner:confused:

Unfortunately, our experience in June on the Dawn was not so great! We had looked forward to having dinner in our suite, but our butler seemed to find it a chore to even deliver a simple coffee in the am (after 3 days we gave up asking as it never appeared!). We did have breakfast on 2 occasions and ordered mid-afternoon snacks a couple of times but everything took well over an hour to arrive and the butler kept telling us how hard his job was and how far he had to go to get a plate of cheese and crackers or a pot of coffee ! We ended up feeling sorry for him and not wanting to bother him so we decided dinner would just not work - we didn't want to feel guilty while eating!

Cosmo, you know me too well. I seriously do not think I could have him/her wait on me without ordering a third meal and requiring him/her to sit down and eat with us!

Coka

You'll love dinner in your suite. We've had both breakfast and dinner served there - I loved how our butler (Denny from the Dawn) had set things up. I agree with previous poster - if you want the courses staggered, I'm sure your butler will do his/her best. Since I eat salad last it works out fine - my husband doesn't care if his food is lukewarm while I prefer mine as hot as possible.

You're gonna be spoiled by the suite life! We opt to only cruise once a year so that we can afford our "suite addiction" and have never looked back..........:)

Denny was just the best! We had breakfast every morning in our suite and dinner a few times. We also had dinner one night with our neighbors next door in the owner's suite.

Archived