Whale Watching through Princess

Baseball fan

We will be on the Diamond Princess next year and I couldn't find any shore excursions in Cabo regarding whale watching. Is there an excursion that they offer? If so, what is it like? cost? I am not sure if we should book before we go (with another company) or wait until we board.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

We will be on the Diamond Princess next year and I couldn't find any shore excursions in Cabo regarding whale watching. Is there an excursion that they offer? If so, what is it like? cost? I am not sure if we should book before we go (with another company) or wait until we board. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Few things might be depending on when you will be in Cabo:

- May not be the whale's migratory season :confused:

- May not have enough time in port to tender in, collect, load boat, ride out, watch whales, ride back in, and tender to get back to ship. (7am-2pm is probably not enough time) :(

While I was not in Cabo via a cruise ship, we were there 2 years ago in January at a resort. We went on a 2-hour whale watching cruise on a zodiac boat (small, inflatable, low-to-the-water boat w/only a handful of people). If you get a chance to get off the ship and find a company to do this with ... DO IT. I try to do a "wildlife type" excursion everywhere we go and this experience was absolutely awesome and nothing has compared to it. Breaching humpbacks over and over and pods of dolphins too -- VERY close to the boat. One expelled its blowhole right in front of our boat, which startled my husband so much that he fell off his seat! I hope you can find a way to do this as it sounds like you are going about the same time we were there and may very well have the same experience. Have fun!

Archived