Tell me about American Airlines

Cruiser_Rich

Check out "Inside American Airlines" on cnbc. ANyhow, I have never seen video screen seat backs, just the usual blurry video screens from the ceiling.

However, if you are flying one of their ancient MD80 planes (they have a lot of them), these planes have no entertainment, not even music for headphones.

AA is basically a "no-frills" airline today. They don't have in-seat TV except on their 777's (which are flown on their trans-Atlantic & trans-Pacific routes).

One nice thing that they do have is that they have power ports scattered throughout coach (they use the cigarette style adapter) so you can plug in your laptop, portable DVD player, ipod, & have a constant streak of power. So basically you need to make your own entertainment, but at least AA gives you a power source to plug in to.

Sounds like you're on a short flight so I wouldn't worry all that much. From looking at their schedule, the 757 is the predominant plane on this route, so check out seat-guru and that'll give you the run-down on the plane.

Archived