Cruising with children, Cabin Question

craftycousins

Hi Guys, I am going to Hawaii September next year with my husband, daughter (2 years) and his parents, and thought it might be a nice idea to go to stay in honolulu for 3-4 days and then catch a cruise to see the other islands. This may sound like a stupid question, but i have been looking at NCL pride of hawaii, and all the rooms look like the only have two beds or a queen, unless of course you want to spend mega bucks! Do you have to get an adjoining room to fit me, hubby and daughter or do they have bigger rooms with extra beds in them? Also does anyone know, i have been looking at the last minute cruise websites , how soon do you need to book or are you okay to leave till a month before you go? when prices have dropped by a couple of hundred All help will be appreciated Cheers CraftyCousins

Thanks for the replies, so can you actually go back to them once booked and they will honour lower advertised prices? When generally is the finaly payment required? What a great website this is can i add, i am from Australia, so it is great to have all you guys giving advice :)

We are a family of six. We booked connected BB cabins on Pride of America. They sleep 3. When the couch is coverted to a bed there is NO way to get to the balcony. It is basically wall to wall bed. It worked for us because my little guy (6) is short, 4 feet. We pulled up the last section of his bed and pushed in the couch. He could sleep and we could get to the balcony.

They are VERY small. You need to look at the deck charts closely to determine which rooms sleep 4. I do believe there are rooms with balconies that sleep four. We were orginally in the family suite with obstructed view. I think I might do that next time, cost wise and space wise, but I REALLY wanted the balcony for NaPali coast. I loved the balcony but space is VERY TIGHT! Honestly is would be a hard call- crowded balcony, space in suite??? It worked for us, but it was annoying. I will use the cabin size to judge other rooms in the future. I will look for larger cabins as long as my kids are travelling with me. It would have been fine for DH and I.

Thanks for the replies, so can you actually go back to them once booked and they will honour lower advertised prices? When generally is the finaly payment required? What a great website this is can i add, i am from Australia, so it is great to have all you guys giving advice :)

If the price drops, there usually isn't a problem getting a price adjustment. If NCL runs a special, offers On Board Credit (OBC), offers an upgrade, etc. they won't honor the offer for already booked passengers.

Not sure of when final payment is due. Maybe 75 days out? Our cruise is for 11/19/06 and final payment was due around the first of September.

I just booked the Dawn for myself,wife and 2 kids.We usually get a balcony cabin but being NCL won't put 4 people in a reg balcony we decided on 2 connecting oceanview rooms.It will be nice to have the extra bathroom and it's way cheaper than a suite.

Hello craftycousins. Where are you in Australia? I am on the south coast of NSW.

We have booked a cabin for 4 on the POH. We know that the cabins are tiny, but we figure we only use it to sleep and get ready, so we can put up with it. I have heard that cabins for 3 and 4 book out early - we booked ours more than a year in advance!:)

Archived