do you need a passport for 3 and 7 yr olds for bahamas?

elaineo

going on 4 day cruise next spring---i assumed that for bahamas that certified birth certificate was ok? we have passports for us (adults). do I need passports for us citizens for cruise to bahamas?

we've done 2 cruises there using certified bc's for all of us with no problem. i did go ahead and get all of us passports for our upcoming trip-that way i don't have to pull out the photo i.d's to match the b.c.'s for the adults and the passports take up less space than the bc's.

Birth certificates are all you need. But before long passports will probably be required. We decided to get a passport for out daughter who will be 15 mo when we cruise. To me the peace of mind that having a passport gives me means alot.

Guest Time2gocruzn

Just wanted to share, I am cruising w/ a almost 2 and 4 y.o. All that is required, in our ports, is a B.C. BUT just for added security, I guess, My local DOT will issue them a state issued photo ID (looks just like a drivers licence) for $5 each. I just need to bring in their BC's and ss cards. I know all that is required for them is the BC, but I like having the extra form of id, especially a picture ID. While I agree that passports are the safest bet, we won't be buying passports, as our ports do not require them, and we are not frequent travelers. :)

Just curious if there's anyone else travelling to the carribbean from Canada? We were told travelling to the carribbean all we would need is our Cdn bc's for us and our two children (3 & 5). Which is a hugh relief because it would cost us approx. $80 cdn each for a passport and it takes weeks to order.:eek:

Archived