Power Snorkeling with kids - Turtle Cove

crusingforfun

We’ll be in St. Thomas in December. I would like to take my family on power snorkel in Turtle Cove (or any other place(s) in STT). According to Princess, my younger daughter (10 y.o.) is too young for Power Snorkel and instead offered regular snorkel tour. Did you experience Power Snorkel with your young kids? DD snorkeled before but not in the deep water so I thought that power snorkel would easier and give hem more comfort.

Also, concern with motion sickness as the ride to Turtle Cove is about an hour each way. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any advice!

Ella

Hi Ella - we did the Turtle Cove snorkeling and it was amazing. We didnt power snorkel, but there were people on our catamaran who did and it looked fairly simple. of course, they go over the process in depth and answer all questions. they are also in the water with you. while the water is deep, what makes it so calming on the nerves is it is so clear. I really lost all depth perception because it is so clear. it felt like we were in 2 feet of water! The experiences with the turtles is what makes it. they are so calm and wonderful, swimming and eating, minding their own business. As to the ride over, it is about an hour and it was a bit choppy, but no one got seasick. we can see land at all times, so you can get your bearings. a patch or dramamine pill wouldnt hurt if you or someone in your group is prone to seasickness. we hung our feet over the side, held on to the railing and had a blast. i KNOW you will love it, even if your kids have to do the snorkel on their own. they do offer vests as well to help stay bouyant.

one request....take me with you? :D haha! Have a great time!

Thanks so much for your reply! Of course, you can join us! There are still some cabins left on our sailing!:)

I know it's a stupid question but my kids are concened. :) Did you see any sharks? :) Also, should we bring our own masks (we'll have them anyway)?

Ella

Archived