Caribbean Princess & Kids Club Age Groups

Could someone who has had kids in the Kids Club on the CP please tell me if there was deviation from the advertised age groups of 3-7 & 8-12. I'm particularly interested in hearing about the 3-7 age group. I checked with the TA (who checked her "official" Princess literature) and Princess directly and was told those were the groups, however someone on the Family board told me that they recall reading postings with different information.

My concern is that I have a child who will be 4.5 at the time of the cruise and another who will be almost 7 and I'd like to be able to keep them together, otherwise the 4.5 yo may refuse to go.

Thanks!

I did not have my children with me on this cruise, however I did go and check out the children's programs. The groups were divided into ages 3-6, 7-9, and 10-12. So if one child is still 6 at the time of your cruise, they will be together.

I am having the same problem. I have a 5 year old and one that will be 7 just before we cruise. I have heard that they MAY let the older one down to the younger group, but not defineatly. I am a little upset since I booked with Princess not RCl just because of the age breakdown. If anyone had this case and their child was allowed to go in the younger group, I would really love to know. Thanks Sheila

I can't say for your age groups, but I sailed the 6-26 CP. My wife and I went to the teen sign in the first day in off limits and spoke with them about signing our 12 yr old daughter (1 yr too young) there with our 17 yr olf daughter so they could hang out together. Reluctantly, they agreed. Give it a try...it may work for your age too. Enjoy your cruise!

We are traveling with 2 7 year olds and have been looking for this info also. One reason we chose the Caribbean over the Star is that we heard that on the Caribbean Princess only that they had devided up the kids differently then the other ships using 4 groupings of ages instead of 3. Going 3-6 (or 3-5), 7-9 (or 6-9), 10-12 and 13-17 instead of their normal 3-7, 8-12 and 13-17. We liked the 4 groups of ages since we felt the kids would have activities more towards their age groups. My daughter will only be a month away from turning 8 and there is a big difference in what an 8 year old would like to do and what a 3 year old will like. Anyway I called Princess and they said all ships had the same age breakdown but she also said the ship had an arcade (it doesn't). I LOVE Princess but I must admit their customer service reps are not near as well versed on thier ships as most of the posters here at CC. I do remember reading one review here with a teen that said the age groups were broke down in 3 groups and I've read 2 that said it was broke down in 4!!! Arrggghhh.....so which is right? :) :) :)

Help....anyone with kids just of the Caribbean Princess that can tell us for sure?????

Here's a picture I found on the web of one of the kid club doors. It says 10-12 but I think this was from before they started the weekly sailings.

2110048029_kidsclub(Small).jpg.60e92e4222cf02f643c6c7e1b3cbb259.jpg

Archived