moongates

dpicketfences3

If you're willing to travel a little bit, there is a BEAUTIFUL one on Sound View Road in Sandy's Parish. It's past Somerset Village, near St. James' Church. Sound View is actually directly off of Somerset Road, the main road for Sandy's Parish.

Sound View is a bit of a long stretch of road, but the moongate located here is well worth it. It looks out over the Great Sound, and you can see the Southampton Princess and Gibbs' Hill Lighthouse in the background. Trust me though when I say this is a not to miss moongate, within a reasonable distance from the Dockyard port.

They're all over Bermuda, but I remember a nice one on the grounds of the Commissioner's house at the Dockyard.

The Commissioner's house is located within the British Maritime Museum at the dockyard. If you go to Hamilton, there is a nice moongate at the Par-Le-Ville Park near the Perot Post Office, where the birdcage is on Front Street. A little further down the road away from Hamilton is the headquarters of Barcari Rum accross from the Princess hotel, there was a moongate with a plaque on the Bacardi Rum side of the road. If you use the bus system there are lots of moongates to see as you travel along the bus routes.:)

• 5 weeks later...

Archived