January seas and sailing conditions?

lookingforward

We booked the Elation out of Port Canaveral for 1/1/07. We are really excited but one of my coworkers told me January cruising is cold, rainy, and rough water. I live in south Florida so I know that some days can be a little chilly/cold but I thought it would be different in Cozumel, carribean. Any experienced January cruisers out there who can reassure me??

I sailed the Victory Western Itin Jan of 2005. We didnt see one rain drop the entire 7 days, each and every day we laid in the sun by the pool on deck, and / or swam in the pools. Days in port were absolutely beautiful, hot warm, and dry. Each day temp was nothing less than 85ish, in Cozumel it peaked over 90. To me that is every bit warm and dry enough, it sure beats shovelling snow. We cruised from Jan 2 - 9th. Enjoy your cruises :)

Both of our previous cruises were in late January and the weather was plenty warm. It was a bit windy a few days on the Glory (Eastern) and the ship was moving some. But you can't control the weather, so it's something we don't worry about. As long as we are not at work, and it's even just a little bit warmer than home is, we are happy! :D

I've sailed five times in January or February and have never had bad weather. Cozumel is usually in the mid to upper 80's at this time. Water temperatures are running in the low 80's. It's also the dry season. This is my favorite time of year to cruise the Caribbean.

I would like to know also, we will be on the Glory Jan 13th, what will the weather be like?? Will it be warm enought to hang on the beaches (western)?? Thanks All???

Hey Oogey,

Im on the Glory with you too on the 13th! Come join the roll call!:D

We have always cruised in January and in our 11 cruises, we have had rain about....1/2 hour - total. The temp is always in the 80's and 90's. We wear shorts every day. The only cold weather we've had was in Nassau, twice, it was really cold, but you should be fine where you are going. Have fun.

My 4 cruises have been in early Jan. 1st 2 were southern, Curacao, Aruba, Barbados etc. In both cruises we maybe had 6 hours of rain. We like to tan and we came home with one he!! of a tan both trips. Next 2 were eastern. Not as warm, and seas a little rougher. Has your friend ever cruised? I didn't think so. Don't worry, be happy.

We cruised last Janaury to Key West, Cozumel, and Grand Caymans. Came back with some really nice sunburns!! Upon returning to cold, rainy North Texas I got really funny looks from people when grocery shopping, customers at work, etc. Could almost hear them thinking "How the hell does she have a sunburn"??? :p

You are so smart to cruise in January. The months that aren't during hurricane season are the mildest months to go. The temperature stays pretty constant and the water temperature also does. I wish we could cruise during the winter months but I still have kids in school so we go right in the middle of hurricane season. Even then though we have had pretty good weather considering it is the rainy season. Living in south Florida we are pretty used to that though. You will have a blast!

We booked the Elation out of Port Canaveral for 1/1/07. We are really excited but one of my coworkers told me January cruising is cold, rainy, and rough water. I live in south Florida so I know that some days can be a little chilly/cold but I thought it would be different in Cozumel, carribean. Any experienced January cruisers out there who can reassure me??

Cozumel should be fine unless you get a "Norte". One year in January, we were walking the beach in a very very chilly blowing rain. Looks like we have to add the "weather fairy" to our list of "upgrade fairy" and "dock fairy" (for Cozumel)!

We cruised western caribbean the first week in Jan 2006. The weather was sunny and perfect everyday except the last day...a sea day..when it was a little overcast and windy. It was a good day to relax on the ship tho...had a great nap.. :)

Archived