Dock in Cozumel...how does it work?

Cloud9 Bob

I'm curious about how many ships Cozumel can handle before tendering from offshore becomes necessary? I understand there are two docking areas. Is it first come first served (according to arrival time) or do some ships have priority over others?

I could be VERY wrong....but to my understanding,Royal Caribbean has rank at the docks for their smaller ships. I understand that all Carnival, Princess and others tender unless there is NO RCL ships in on that day???

Please correct me if I am wrong, this is just my understanding of the many threads I have read. I know the Mariner didn't dock last Jan. and still isn't, it's too large and the debris under the water it to unpredictable??? Again this is just how I understood what I have been reading!!!

I

I could be VERY wrong....but to my understanding,Royal Caribbean has rank at the docks for their smaller ships. I understand that all Carnival, Princess and others tender unless there is NO RCL ships in on that day???

Please correct me if I am wrong, this is just my understanding of the many threads I have read. I know the Mariner didn't dock last Jan. and still isn't, it's too large and the debris under the water it to unpredictable??? Again this is just how I understood what I have been reading!!!

I know

I know I

I know I will

Have you ever heard of the "upgrade fairy"? Well, in Cozumel these days it is the "dock fairy". There is little rhyme and reason that we cruisers can predict.

The Punta Langosta pier is open and holding 2 ships at a time now...which is good news.

It really depends on how many ships will be in that day, when they arrive and what tendering contracts the cruise lines still have to honor since Wilma.

I would expect to tender and if you get to dock...drink a toast to the dock fairy!!

There are two pier areas, International Pier has one docking space, and Punta Langosta has 2 docking spaces open.

RCCL's big ships are able to dock now as Freedom has been docking the last few weeks.

Priority for docking spaces does not go to who first arrives. Priority does seem to go to RCCL and Carnival first over other cruiselines, but there is really no guarantee who will get the docking space on days when there are more ships than docking space.

Archived