Victory or Liberty?6 or 7 day?

ckp19

Hi all, my 1st post here:D , this will be our 6th cruise, all with carnival...last year we sailed on the valor. we always enjoy the newer ships...the legend ,the destiny ,and the valor were within a year of build when we sailed them. the fantasy and the esctasy were older shorter cruises....we did find a difference maybe because they were older, maybe because they were shorter cruises.

asking for peoples opinions ...would you sail on a 6 day liberty cruise(new) or for a couple hundred dollars more a 7 day victory cruise(6 years old).

both are western, however port's dont mean a whole lot to us , we love the beaches everywhere and thats where we head into port.

thanks , Michelle

valor 2006

fantasy 2003

legend 2003

destiny 1997

ecstasy 1995

for a couple hundred dollars more I would be taking the 6 day liberty- I like keeping my cruises under 100per day.

The extra day before I go back to work was a nice realxing day with getting my land legs back.

Hi all, my 1st post here:D , this will be our 6th cruise, all with carnival...last year we sailed on the valor. we always enjoy the newer ships...the legend ,the destiny ,and the valor were within a year of build when we sailed them. the fantasy and the esctasy were older shorter cruises....we did find a difference maybe because they were older, maybe because they were shorter cruises.

asking for peoples opinions ...would you sail on a 6 day liberty cruise(new) or for a couple hundred dollars more a 7 day victory cruise(6 years old).

both are western, however port's dont mean a whole lot to us , we love the beaches everywhere and thats where we head into port.

thanks , Michelle

valor 2006

fantasy 2003

legend 2003

destiny 1997

ecstasy 1995

Michelle,

We cruised Victory when she was five years old and the Liberty when she was less than one year old. Only because of the extra day, I'd choose the Victory even if it was a few hundred dollars more; Liberty is a fine ship, but there's really not much difference between the two other than the big screen, basketball court, and supper club.

The Liberty actually has two western itineraries - a 6 and an 8 day. Technically, you are both right.

I have heard many good things about the Liberty. I set sail on a Liberty 6-day cruise in 18 days. I will be sure to post when I get back.

i sailed on the Victory for my first cruise, then the Liberty for my second cruise. I loved them both. I agree the Liberty has a few more perks to it but both were great. I chose the Liberty due to the fact it was a brand new ship and it was going to different places. Although that changed when we boarded her. It was supose to be going to Freeport Grand Cayman then Costa Maya but due to, too many ships in port in Costa Maya we ended up in Ochio Rios. GRRRRR!!!! But like I said both were great, Yes we paid more for a 6 day but, I thought it was worth it. Have fun choosing and have a great cruise!!

Archived