Monarch Balconies

Yes, yet another balcony question. I just want to make sure I have as much info as possible before I book this bad boy (rather bad boys). According to the Berlitz Guide, the Monarch doesn't have private balconies. According to RCI, it calls them private balconies. Which is correct? Are the partitions see-through?

It says the JS has a private balcony. Sorry, I need to be more specific, I know. I'm just getting excited. Cruise fever. :D

Junior Suite

Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), sofa bed, and a private bathroom with bathtub. (264 sq. ft., balcony 70 sq. ft.)

I'll be on the Monach soon and can find out if the partitions are solid or tranlucent.

What is the Berlitz definition of a "private" balcony? As I recall, the partitions are translucent, but seeing through them isn't the problem - you can just look around them and get a pretty good view of your neighbor's balcony and living area (not so much the bed), so I wouldn't do anything out there that you wouldn't want posted on the Internet for your mother to see!:eek: :D

In the future, just check out webshots. Took me 30 seconds to find it by typing in Monarch of the Seas balcony.

Click on the photo below.

2138529170081772067egFoHo_th.jpg

FitzLA, thanks for finding one of my photo's to help solve this question. You beat me to the punch.

Can anyone please tell me or show me a pic of the obstructed view from the SUPERIOR OCEANVIEW on deck 9.

most are partially obstructed and a couple are totally obstructed.(from what the room info reads) Or do you know which of the SO rooms might have the break from the obstruction.

I dont know whether to go with larger room with obstruction or smaller room with no obstruction.....please help:eek:

Can anyone please tell me or show me a pic of the obstructed view from the SUPERIOR OCEANVIEW on deck 9.

most are partially obstructed and a couple are totally obstructed.(from what the room info reads) Or do you know which of the SO rooms might have the break from the obstruction.

I dont know whether to go with larger room with obstruction or smaller room with no obstruction.....please help:eek:

From what I have read, the obstruction is the life boats, and it only covers the bottom half of the window, you can still see out. There was also a thread or a review that told which cabins were between the life boats, but can't find it at the moment.

We were on the 9th floor on the Monarch and you can see out, just not down. I found it very distracting to see all that orange from the lifeboats, and now that I'm a balcony snob, if I can't afford a suite, I'll probrably do an OV on the Monarch next time that doesn't have an obstructed view. Just my opinion!:)

In the future, just check out webshots. Took me 30 seconds to find it by typing in Monarch of the Seas balcony.

Click on the photo below.

2138529170081772067egFoHo_th.jpg

Hey, look what I discovered (though I may be the last to know! LOL!) If you click on the picture, since FitzLA embedded it in the post, you go directly to webshots and ADeputy4U's whole album of Monarch photos!

Archived