Has anyone tried....

djm719

I use them ALL the time. I wouldn't say they save room, however, because you are still putting the same amount of items in the suitcase. But they are VERY convenient for putting in bottles of things that can leak like shampoo or conditioner, and during the cruise for putting in dirty clothes. Once a bag is full, you zip it & there's no smell of yucky clothes floating around. They definitely come in handy!:)

those new oversized Ziploc bags for packing? I wonder if they would save room in the suitcases.

If you are asking about the Ziploc BIG BAGS, (2 FT X 1.7 FT) 4 to a box for about $4.50 to $5.00, yes I have. I have used them on my last two trips and I love them. I used to use the smaller ones and there were just too many of them in my suitcase. With these bigger ones, I fold my husbands pants and shirts and they all fit in the bag. All my shorts, skorts and shirts fit in another. They are the perfect size for my suitcases also. When my suitcases are done, there are usually three big bags in each one with all our clothes. They fit well enough to be able to pack the shoes and things along side them. I will always use them for my trips.

They have now come out with an even larger BIG bag.

I used them on my last cruise as well as using them on my upcoming cruise. (I'm almost done packing) ;) Very convenient for all kinds of things: toiletries, tee shirts, underwear, swimsuits, shorts, several small items. It keeps things separated too so that there are few if any accidents that could damage your clothes.

I use them all the time.

If you force the air out of them they cut down on the wrinkles. I put everything I pack in some sort of plastic bag or in the case of the oversized bags , several things in one bag.

If they inspect your luggage I would rather they handle the bags than mess up my packing.

Because they do cut down on the space used you need to watch the weight of your bag.

As christienj said they are great for bottles:D and dirty clothes.

I use them for all my clothes also (cannot get DH to do the same.............yet :p ). This way I don't have to worry about airlines pawing thru my clothes, or something getting wet from breakage (from inside or outside my luggage). Plus, they make unpacking SOOOO much easier, just throw it in a drawer!

My husband and I used these on our recent cruise! They are Wonderful! I tend to use the 2 gallon ones for my clothes and toiletries, but hubby used his and then turned it into his dirty laundry bag for the week. Worked Great!

They have something called "Compression bags" set includes 2 large and one medium for 14.99. Is this what you guys are talking about?

Compression bags are similiar but they cost alot more.

These are actually Ziploc XL bags or XXL bags. I actully prefer the 2.5 gallon Hefty slider bags myself but that's personal preference. I do like to use the XXL bags to collect all my dirty laundry in during the cruise.

They have something called "Compression bags" set includes 2 large and one medium for 14.99. Is this what you guys are talking about?

The ones they are talking about here are actually Ziploc bags. They come in either 2 or 2 1/2 gallon size.

The ones they are talking about here are actually Ziploc bags. They come in either 2 or 2 1/2 gallon size.

Not quite. :D The ones we are talking about make the 2.5 gallon look like sandwich bags. (A little exaggeration there so you can picture what we mean.) ;)

They are really big and now Ziploc has come out with a mega size even bigger than these.

I use a mix of the compression bags and large ziplock. The compression bags are more expensive but money well spent.

The large compression ones easily hold 6 or 8 tops or 4 shorts and 4 tops.

YOu seal them fold over the edge and then force the air out of them. they hold your clothes so they don't wrinkle and also save space. Everything in my bag is in a bag. If it is inspected they can easily see everything in it without messing it up.:D

We use them all the time for all the reasons already mentioned. One detail tho..I first read "sit on the bags to get the air out", like the vacuum type. We found it better to leave a little air in the bag for clothing so the clothes don't get squashed & therefore wrinkled. OK to flatten socks, underwear ect. Plastic bags & bubble wrap..travel miracles! LOL.

I use the gallon size and put all of my undies or bathing suites in one and then my husband's in another. When I have what I want in them, I kinda lay or sit on them to get the air out and then close the seal or zipper. I'm sure this works on the big guys, too. You just might have to get your big guy to sit on the bigger ones! This flattens them and when I unpack, I just transfer the bag to the drawer. You can leave the stuff in the bags or open them and just dump everything in the draws. Since they have only carried clean clothes, they can be reused for almost anything like keeping your suntan lotion contained when you go to the beach or pool. I roll Tshirts and shorts, so I haven't bagged those items yet. I may try it but I always afraid to I'm going to go over the 50 pound airline limit. My motto is take whatever I can get away with. 28 more days till we leave on the Radiance.

We have been using the compression bags for the last 7 years and have never had a problem with them. They are great!! Bought them cheaper at a store in an outlet center. We also use the large zip locks for our toiletries.

Archived