?Stone Island?

liveforvaca

There are many ways to get to Stone Island. Many tours, which I would not spend the extra that the cruise ships charge, book directly with which ever tour company you might want to go with.

The food is the best at Victor's restaurant. That has been our experience. Fresh Fresh sea food.

To get to the Island on your own just take a taxi, about $4usd to the dock for Stone Island. Then is is about a 7 minute boat ride to the Island, which is $1usd per person round trip. Then you can follow the concrete road or take a taxi to the beach.

Again, we recommend going to Victor's restauant. Don't settle for anything less.

If I can be of any more help, just let me know here. We travel to Mexico and Mazatlan alot so I will be more than happy to supply you with any info I can.

Have a great cruise

Dorothy

Does anyone have suggestions? Food? Activities?

We went to Mazatlan on the 28th of Sept. on the Carnival Pride and booked our horseback riding tour in advance with King David Company. David met us right off the ship at the terminal with his cute turtle sign. From the terminal he took us to where the little boats ferry people to the Island (a 10 min. ride across the harbor).From there we went via local charming taxis

(all 8 of us) through the village to the casa of Miguel under the big trees where he had all his beautiful horses saddled and ready for us to mount. I was worried about my 6 year old daughter on a horse for the first time & wanted to have her double up with me. My dear independent girl insisted on her own horse. They insured me she would be OK and was put on a small gray spotted horse. They were right, that horse followed on my horses tail the entire ride. We had a very nice ride up that beautiful beach and thru the coconut palms.

After the ride they took us to Molokay restaurant (pronounced "Mo-lo- ki")

right on the beach. We had lunch (a combo shrimp plater out of this world)

in the shade of palm leaf palapas. Service was super & very friendly, the prices were embarrassingly cheepo for shrimp. They had showers, lockers & super clean restrooms.

All in all our group had a great time & they got us back to the ship right on time. Great friendly people, we would do it again in a heartbeat.

Hope this helps Cruzinpam

Archived