Okay, I'll try this advice topic again....

comfortcove

My three kids and I are flying onto FLL for Miami cruise because fares were much better. We need transportation to port, and I really wanted to make a quick stop for water and soda. I talked to a couple of car services today and have been quoted anywhere from $125 each way, to $50 each way. Some include fees, some do not. We only have 2 and a half hours to get to the ship, so I don't want to share and stop other places. Who is a good service, and what should the cost really be. Larry seemed reasonable, but said he wasn't sure the four of us and luggage would fit in a town car, so cost would go up quite a bit. Post cruise we are flying home on Thanksgiving, so airport probably not busy, and we have plenty of time to get back to FLL. Maybe I should forget soda and water and use airport express, but with 3 kids 14 to 21 that will be tough.Thanks for help, Nancy

Now, if I'm reading it wrong ignore my comments but, I've got to ask. Do you only have 2.5 hours between your flight landing and the ship leaving? Or the time you have to be on the ship? Either way you won't have time to stop anywhere to purchase soda. It takes 45 minutes to get from FLL to Port of Miami. So that's part of your time there plus any wait for baggage, if your flight is delayed, traffic delays etc. You really are cutting it too close with your flight time if you've only allowed 2.5 hours and that's without stopping for soda and water.

The flight lands at 1:20, it is direct, Century sails at 5. It is a little close, but there were no alternatives, two kids arrriving home from college the night before, so only direct flight option. Heck, once I had about the same time table and rented a car Orlando to Port Canaveral, and stopped for sundries, turned the car in and we boarded at 3:55. Knock on wood!

And please tell me you purchased travel insurance! Whew - my heart is palpitating just reading this!

We flew in the day of departure once. Never again. Too much stress. Though I understand your in a pickle with travel arrangements because of the kids, just make sure you have considered travel insurance if you haven't already. Good luck!

We are using RCI Cruise Air for our November cruise out of miami, and their chosen air itinerary has us (hopefully) landing in Miami at 2:25 p.m. for a 5:00 p.m. sailing...Go figure.

Oh yes, we do have insurance!

LL

LL, call and have them change that flight. It's too late!!!

We have insurance, I always buy it. What I really need is advice on a good limo service.....thanks for all your concern, but I examined this from 3 airports here to 3 potential airports around Miami and this was the only way. I think we will be fine, but need dependable driver to be waiting for us. Hopefully we will board between 3 and 3:30. Smooth sailing to all, Nancy

I am glad you are confident! I am also looking for a limo service, and so far Larry's Limos and Florida Limo seems to be the two services that have gotten the best reports from users here. The one you haven't said you tried has a website, www.floridalimo.com. I think we are going to use Florida Limo, rates seem good, cheaper than a cab and I am SURE the car will smell better!

We are going in November as well, flying into FLL and cruising out of the port. We won't be back before you leave, so I won't be able to give you a report in time.

I am sure a cab will be available immediately however. They are constantly circling outside of airports.

Archived