private driver to merida

mpffls

I had thought that somewhere I read about hiring a driver to take us to merida.....and that they would give you a nice tour of the city......

Now I can not find it.........did a search and wow....must be in the twighight zone....cause the search function behaved the same way it always did on the old boards............

Anyway........anyone w/ info ............how long is the drive to Merida....we are not real interested in a great tour.....we are more like "drive by "folks............

we would like to come back to this area and spend sometime...so this would really be a fact finding mission to see if we really want to come back!!!!

thanx.........trish

Trish. You can hire a taxi to take you to Merida and tour the city. I think about $40 pp. Some speak english and some not so good. I prefer to strike out on my own, but that's just me. If you would like an extensive photo

tour of Merida, Chichen Itza and Progreso just email me at

hdawson228@aol.com I'm hoping to return to Merida in Jan for two weeks.

Great city.

Bus time is 30 to 40 minutes to Merida. I also have lots of hotel websites.

There is a taxi stand on the pier that will take you into Merida or anywhere else you want to go. Just be sure to agree upon the price in advance and make sure that your driver speaks English unless you speak Spanish.

thanx all.........

we are really not interested in a taxi driver.........we would prefer someone who already has a plan.........I spoke w/ a company out of Merida and am waiting for a quote.........

I know that i read on one of the reveiws that some folks just happened to find this really nice young man and he did a tour for them......he was from that area and educated in Colorado......he even had an email address that they listed.........now I can not find it.....

oh well.........still looking..

thanx again.........trish

I secured a driver thru ......http://www.mayaland.com ....

after much research we are heading east out of Progresso up the coast a bit then south and SW into Merida.........then north back to progresso.........stopping in small towms and some myan ruins and a hacienda........

cost I think is great.........english guide......from 8:30 till 3pm...in AC........for the 3 of us is $260......that is $87 each...

compare that to a shore tour........

I was just not comfortable heading out w/ a taxi driver on this great adventure..........

thanx trish

• 4 months later...

I prefer to strike out on my own. Bus from the Progreso terminal is $3 rt. The terminal in Merida is only 2 or 3 blocks from the central plaza in the middle of the historical area. Just walk out of the terminal and turn right. You can also get a bus from the plaza where the courtesy bus drops you is $8 rt.

Archived