5:05AM Arrival !! How Do We Get to Hotel?

HollyK

We are arriving at this (5:05AM) dreadful hour on our ATN flight to PPT. We will be staying that night at the IC Beachcomber before boarding TP the next day. I've read remarks re: no cabs at the airport at that hour. Yikes! Don't imagine I'll feel like hiking to the hotel after multi hours on an aircraft - ya know?? Is it reasonable to expect IC Beachcomber to pick us up at the airport in PPT? If not, and if the *no cabs* story is true, should I arrange for alternative transportation? If so, does anyone have suggestions/positive experiences to relate?

Your thots much appreciated,

holly

try contacting the hotel now, or if you booked through a ta have them do it. we have 2 nights at the beachcomber and our package includes trans. we get in at 1;30am from easter island. i don't know if it's the hotel or a private co. doing the trans.

hal

Thanks Hal,

I will try calling them directly. I booked online & did request info re: the "arrival time/transport from airport" question in my remarks. However, when they sent the reservation confirmation, they made no reference to this request.

Was hoping perhaps someone else had 'done' this arrival time & could advise me what the lay of the land was. :)

You'd be amazed at the number of people at the airport at that time - there didnt seem to be a shortage of taxis - however, unless your French is fluent and you are an adventurous type, after that long flight you would be relieved to know that your transfers were there waiting for you to climb aboard and get to your hotel.

Holly,

We arrived into Papeete at 3.30am. I had arranged with our hotel - Le Meridien - beforehand to send a car for us. It wasn't cheap, I think about $30-40 US but it was well worth it.

When we came out of the airport, there was lady standing there with our name on the board. She showed us to a mini-van (we were the only ones in it) and within a few minutes we were on our way to our hotel.

The same thing happened on our return journey. Again our flight left at a ridiculous time - 5.45am - so the mini van took us from the hotel at 3.30am back to the airport.

It was well worth the money. I did not see any taxis at the airport at that time in the morning, so I would definitely email your hotel and arrange something with them.

Jenne

Hi Folks,

TY Jenne ~ I'll try contacting the hotel directly and see what might be arranged. Considering Jackie's remarks re: taxis vs yours, I'm guessing its a hit/miss situation, likely dependent upon the expected number of flights incoming . Not wanting to be faced with the possible "miss" portion, :D think I'll be arranging transport prior.

Jackie ~ I'm not *that* adventurous! And my DH is far less so -- best we don't begin our holiday with cross words & crabby temperment. LOL!! Mahalo for sharing. :)

TY both for helping out with this challenge. Much appreciated.

I think you will be glad that you arranged transfers ahead of time. You'll be a bit tired after the long flight and BTW - Soft drinks at the airport are four dollars - I had one while we waited for everyone to get to the shuttle (we were in first class & got priority baggage handling, etc). If you are planning any kind of lenghty pre/post stay you may be intrested in purchasing the meal plan at your hotel, breakfast was $50, etc- very expensive to eat in Tahiti. Have a great trip! Wish I was going along with you!

Archived