ROLL CALL: 2/25/07 Caribbean Princess

MattInFLL

I have been quietly reading the final posts and getting very jealous. The good news is I got to work at 8:30 a.m. today, I'm teaching a class in 5 minutes at 9:00 a.m. I'm going to cut it really short - like 10 minutes. And then I'm outta here. I'll throw a precruise party tonite and fly 4 1/2 hours tomorrow and will join all of you on Sunday. See ya all there.

We were leaving for FLL on Saturday. But, the winter storm that was supposed to miss Denver is now a winter storm warning, with 4-8 inches predicted for DIA with 40MPH winds.

So, we changed our flight to a nonstop leaving tonight. Arrive after midnight, but we should arrive and make the cruise. About 20 cruisers were waiting for the ship when the Atlantis Freedom of the Seas pulled into San Juan last month. We didn't want to be meeting the ship in St Maartin next Wednesday.

Ed and I are also on the early catamarin to St John.

Any beverage with alcohol will sound good once we reach Fort Lauderdale.

RSVP doesn't have any shuttles, but Princess does....they charge a hefty fee for them tho and at this late date I doubt you could reserve a spot....its a VERY short cab ride from the airport to the port, so just have a skycap get you a taxi.....shouldn't cost you more than $10 including tip

RSVP will be screening the Oscars via satellite feed in two different spaces: Club Fusion and the Explorers Lounge. For those of you who want trivia and live commentary, I will be hosting the screening in the Explorers Lounge. For those who would rather not have trivia and commentary, the screening in Club Fusion will be without a host.

I've just printed off pages and pages of Oscar Trivia off of the web, so y'all get brushed up!

See y'all soon :)

Paul J. Williams

We were leaving for FLL on Saturday. But, the winter storm that was supposed to miss Denver is now a winter storm warning, with 4-8 inches predicted for DIA with 40MPH winds.

So, we changed our flight to a nonstop leaving tonight. Arrive after midnight, but we should arrive and make the cruise. About 20 cruisers were waiting for the ship when the Atlantis Freedom of the Seas pulled into San Juan last month. We didn't want to be meeting the ship in St Maartin next Wednesday.

Ed and I are also on the early catamarin to St John.

Any beverage with alcohol will sound good once we reach Fort Lauderdale.

Have a safe trip. Glad to hear that you will be on the early Catamaran Cruise! That makes at least 21 of us from this board!

Not a cloud in the sky all day today in Ft. Lauderdale and the pool was wonderful. There are 4 other cruise guys from Atlanta staying at the same hotel and we are all heading towards Georgies tonight.

We met Phil, Kent and Andy on the flight in from Dallas yesterday--hope your hotel is ok guys and we hope you got your bag Phil!

I can't believe the cruise is here already!

See everyone else soon.....safe travels!

Mark and Donny

What a ROUGH week for me! I was in an immersion session for a week and then I had to study for my big certification exam (which was today). I kept thinking about the cruise and had to focus on my exam!!

But I PASSED!!! I am not a PMP (Project Management Professional). I am VERY excited to finally have that out of the way.

Now I will be celebrating passing but also vacation!!! YEAH!!! :D

We fly out tomorrow afternoon and we look forward to meeting anyone who will be at the Cubby Hole.

BON VOYAGE BOYS AND GIRLS!!! :-)

Ok, so cooler heads prevailed we decided the Cadillac is staying home for the cruise. But as a compromise, we will drive her to the Cubby Hole and Georgie's on Saturday night. One snag: Hubby, in the next room with the luggage, announced that all our junk won't fit in the Audi and we might have to take the Caddy. I think we can strap stuff to the roof of the car like the Beverly Hillbillies. Some entrance. Safe travels to all and will see you soon! Ron

I went over to Pineapple Point today and had a lovely lunch and "catching up" with our own Miss Tom a/k/a RMS Olympic...all those boys in speedos by the pool made me yearn to be on board right now. I did my precruise checklist and think I have everything. Packing tomorrow. Then Cubby Hole.

Big decision for me after talking to Tom today - I am actually not going to rush to the port at 10:30 am, and then wait over an hour or more to board while Ralph gets crabby. Screw it. We're taking the leisurely ride over at around 1.

Hope all flights go well.

Oh, and take a cab from the airport to the port. $10-$15 max. You will probably look down the funnel of the ship while on final approach. ItsThatClose. Taking Princess transport means you meet the lady holding the clipboard who tells you to wait, and then you wait while the bus fills up, and then you wait.. and then you go... and probably costs the same.

Well it is just after 2:30 AM here and I am still awake. Have packed and repacked 4 times in order to get the right combination fo what I wanted to have and still have room to bringsome things back with me.

Last thing to pack is this laptop. Will call for the cab at about 4 and take the first train at 4:44 to get to the airport by 6. The long journey begun.

I am so excited...to get on the ship..to meet all of you...to have a unforgetable week. See you all soon.

Christopher

Matt-you're right on about that-we did airport shuttle through Holland America last year off of RSVP Panama. Wait for the clipboard person, wait for the bus, get on the bus, watch everyone leave in taxis, wait some more for the bus to fill up, watch the Port officers scream at all the cars to keep moving, wait some more. Take a taxi and fuhgedaboutit!!

Just need to do one last wardrobe check-lost some weight since last year, need see what pants fit for dinner. Out of here tomorrow AM. See you soon!!!

Am packing right now and will leave for La Guardia tommorow.

I always get nervous the day before a cruise,so much so that I can't sleep.

Hope the weather holds up. I just heard on the news that a storm is heading

East but it will hit New York tommorrow night.

Safe trip to all and I'll see on the ship at ,Tradewinds.

There was a nice - and very organized - turn out at Cubby Hole tonight... we went over to Georgies and it was mobbed... and no way to tell who was on the cruise and who wasn't. Oh well. But did run into Paul Williams and we had a nice chat. :)

See y'all on board.

Please guys!

Make sure you can get Bertha/Tom surrounded by black Speedos as soon as possible...he needs to be on overdrive, and soon!

I hope your cruise is all you wish for, and more...have a wonderful, gay time!

Be sure to post some reports!

Bon Voyage, folks!

Paul

Paul - Tom appears to be having a wonderful time...when he comes up for air :) Seriously, it has been a wonderful cruise, and thanks to all who came to our large CC gathering... there have been new friends and great memories made onboard.

Paul - Tom appears to be having a wonderful time...when he comes up for air :) Seriously, it has been a wonderful cruise, and thanks to all who came to our large CC gathering... there have been new friends and great memories made onboard.

Matt:

Thanks for checking in! I was afraid something happened to the ship! Guess you guys are "too busy" for much "reporting"! (as it should be! :eek: :D )

Give Tom a hug for me (if you can get to him) and say hi to Phil (Thulewx) for me, too!

Safe travels and smooth sailing!

Paul

Terry and I got home about 10:00 am this morning (about 1 hour ago) from this terrific cruise. We had a great time and have many lasting memories of this trip. Enjoyed meeting new friends and reuniting with old. It was a pleasure to meet everyone that we were able to meet from this thread. You're a wonderful group. :D We hope you had as good of time as we did.

We booked the Zuiderdam for next February. Hope you all did as well. It would be great to reunite. Have a nice day. :D :D :D

Jim & Terry

A few flurries welcomed us as we waited for car service at the airport. And only 24 hours ago we were sitting on the beach at Princess Cay (next to the DC Cowboys!)

Due to packing late we were forced to do the Express Walk-off but it worked out very well. We left our stateroom around 7:30 am and were at the airport just after 8:00 am. Our flight wasn't until 12:30 but we checked with JetBlue and there was an earlier flight at 9:50 am which we could get on for a change fee of $25 each.

We had such a great time. Thanks for everyone that contributed to making our first cruise such a ball. Unfortunately we did not get to meet everyone: so much to do, so little time. After unpacking I want to download my pictures and laugh all over again.

Maria and I just wanted to tell you guys how great it was meeting each and every one of you. I wish we lived closer to some of you because we could be great friends.

We are really trying to make a decision on next year. Please let us know who all is planning for the Caribbean.

You are all such great people. We are lucky to have met you.

Janet and Maria

Till next time.

Archived