ROLL CALL: 2/25/07 Caribbean Princess

MattInFLL

Try having a waterford crystal bowl on the coffee table in the family room...containing 5 pounds of M&M plain and peanuts....dats what I'm talk'in 'bout.

well, you KNOW I'm all about THAT!!! :D

You guys are gonna have a great time, for sure!

Paul ;)

May I have that bowl, please?? :D

To answer your inquiry Matt & Tom the Atlantis cruise was fantastic. Freedom is laid out beautifully and it was not crowded. Many areas to go and with a variety of activities and shows the crowd was spread out nicely. We booked for Liberty of the Seas next year and hope to book an RSVP for 2008 as well. You don't know how many people asked us to compare RSVP with Atlantis. We had many positive things to tell them about our experiences with RSVP. We don't forget the good times we had on RSVP. I (Jim) tried the flowrider. You know that surf pool where you can boogie board and surf. It was a blast !!! The weather was perfect until this morning when we arrived back in Miami. We seldom get a washout like this and it had to be on Superbowel Sunday.

This thread is kicking. :D :D :D !!! Nice people. It's going to be a good group.

We were docked right in back of the Caribbean Princess in St Martin. We were looking up trying to spot where our balcony might be located. There was an Olivia cruise in port as well.

If they are offering the Loterie Tree Farm zip lines for a tour in St Martin we highly recommend it. You must be physically fit. It helps if you have strong arms in particular. We had a blast on that one. Never thought we would be doing that but glad we did. The first line is heart wrenching as it is long and can seem intimidating for a first timer but you bite your lip and go for it. You'll be glad you did.

Jim & Terry

when I could cruise more than once a year! But this is it for us in 2007. Ralph will be making his annual trip to South Africa to visit the family (he was born there)

Ralph and I could hang out and talk; I am originally from South Africa too!

Question: Anyone enjoy playing cards? I used to play in college all the time and realy miss it. Hearts, Spades, Whist, 500...you name it. I figure with the 50 of us, I ought to be able to find at least 3 others who play. Who knows maybe more.

Christopher

I grew up with a family that played Rummy - that was in the days before we got TV in South Africa.

At university we played the South African version of Hearts: it was called Black B*tch. :D

I wouldn't mind getting reacquainted with Canasta.

Hey Everyone,

My friend and are are looking into going on our first gay cruise. We are considering the RSVP Carib. Princess on 2/25 or the ATLANTIS Southern Carib. 3/10.

Could people give me their feed back and opinions of the types of guys that go on each cruise. I hear that RSVP has the "older" guys and more bear types. I hear that ATLANTIS has the gym bods and more party boy types.

One of my best friends has gone on the ATLANTIS January cruise for the past 3 or 4 years and loves it. Which suprised me.

There is a chance that I would go alone. How easy is it on a cruise of this kind to travel alone?

RSVP is offereing me a 2 for one deal where ATLANTIS is almost sold out. Is that a sign that RSVP is not as good as ATLANTIS?

Thanks in advance for your 2 cents!

Wow, how bummed am I that 38 is older. :( AthleticCruiser, I cant speak to your question because this is my first cruise as well, but I can tell you that so far is that I've met all sorts of fantastic people who are booked on this cruise and they are ready to party!

The staff at RSVP couldn't be more helpful and nice. I found that the videos on the RSVP site helped me make up my mind about which group to use. I also admit that we chose RSVP because we thought it might be less circuit party and more vacation. Don't get me wrong we are as ready to play as anyone else but we don't want to party 24 / 7.

Hi All, It is minus 30 celsius tonight in Toronto and I can't wait for 21 days to go by until we set sail. I have never been on any kind of cruise before but am really looking forward to it, even if it means I can only bring vodka on board disguised as listerine or something ;)

Did I mention that it's cold here?

Looking forward to being part of what sounds like it will be an awesome trip!

Hi All: It is minus 30 degrees celsius in Toronto right now and I can't wait until 21 days go by and I am on board this ship with all of you. I have never been on any kind of cruise before but my friend and I decided we deserve it.

Did I mention that it's cold here?

Looking forward to being a part of what will be an awesome trip!

We had a great time away with some friends this weekend-- rented a cabin in WV! As usual, it is great to come back to all of the updates!

I updated a recent pic (Gary on left, Mike on right) at the HRC dinner in Washington DC (October 2006).

We are also in cabin D720 (our first inside room). :D We can't wait!

MikeandGaryHRCDinner.jpg.8cd1d7d32608e9a6218553317c6a9b9b.jpg

Athletic Cruiser - from the way you word the question, it sounds like you have always wanted to try Atlantis based on what your friend said - but its hard not to consider RSVP when there's such a great deal. Both ships are new and beautiful. The other itinerary is more interesting, but you have to get to San Juan. The crowds are mixed on both, but yes, there probably are a few more Circuit Boys on Atlantis and a few more bears on RSVP. Personally I think if you choose RSVP based on price and not have the great time you want, then you will regret not going with your first instinct and doing Atlantis. But a good time will be had by all (of us, anyway) :)

Boytjie - How cool. Ralph was born in Jo'burg (Gauteng Province? Springs). They left when he was 8, but still lots of family there. I got to go in 2004 - what an amazing country. Cape Town became my favorite city ever. And the animals at Kruger were amazing. He'll be glad to know he'll have a compatriot.

Tom - I think this crowd prefers strip pok-him to strip pok-her :)

Seattle guys - assuming you have tried Orbitz and Hotels.com, have you tried Priceline? I hear people who choose "beach area" and a higher star level, luck out with a great rate the Hyatt Pier 66 (directly across from the port). Then of course, there are all the gay guesthouses.

Welcome Hogthrob - I used to go to Toronto every month for work - don't miss those winter trips!

Hello Scott and Alfonso,

I found a Guest Room in a private in Wilton Manors just blocks from a plaza with gay bars etc and under 10 minutes drive from the Cubby Hole. Great price and location. I booked it at www.ebab.com and I believe that there are still places available. Worth consideration at least.

Christopher

Hey Everyone,

My friend and are are looking into going on our first gay cruise. We are considering the RSVP Carib. Princess on 2/25 or the ATLANTIS Southern Carib. 3/10.

Could people give me their feed back and opinions of the types of guys that go on each cruise. I hear that RSVP has the "older" guys and more bear types. I hear that ATLANTIS has the gym bods and more party boy types.

One of my best friends has gone on the ATLANTIS January cruise for the past 3 or 4 years and loves it. Which suprised me.

There is a chance that I would go alone. How easy is it on a cruise of this kind to travel alone?

RSVP is offereing me a 2 for one deal where ATLANTIS is almost sold out. Is that a sign that RSVP is not as good as ATLANTIS?

Thanks in advance for your 2 cents!

Athletic Cruiser,

Both RSVP and Atlantis are more similar now than in years past. The young crowd that liked the circuit parties in the past is getting older and other types and age groups are trying Atlantis these days. These factors are creating a variety of passenger types and ages now. The Atlantis cruise that we just took had many different passengers. It almost felt like an RSVP group.

• Both offer theme parties.
  • Atlantis offers a variety of entertainment with shows overlapping so you can pick and choose.
  • Open seating for dinner on Atlantis
  • Yes, circuit or themes parties that last until 10:00 am if thats how late you want to stay up.
  • Atlantis invests alot of money into their parties with extravagent light shows and decor.

But as we said they are both becomming similar. RSVP is offering open seating. Variety of entertainment. The age difference overall is not that obvious. The average might be lower 40's for Atlantis and upper 40's for RSVP with many younger and older passengers. We like both companies for what they offer but began with RSVP and have many great memories with them. We will continue to cruise with both.

We hope this helps with your choice in cruises. If you like meeting people either is good but by the looks of this thread we have a very nice group here on this cruise. :D

Jim & Terry

I got some great news at work.

I thought I was going to get off the plane from the return Sunday evening to Monday Morning from Miami to Geneva and have to go stragiht back to teaching at school. But NO, the administration has decided to have a workshop day that day.....and my principal has hinted that if I do not make it then no big deal. Nice to have an admin who supports my special interest.

Another hurrah for the vacation.

Christopher

I got some great news at work.

I thought I was going to get off the plane from the return Sunday evening to Monday Morning from Miami to Geneva and have to go stragiht back to teaching at school. But NO, the administration has decided to have a workshop day that day.....and my principal has hinted that if I do not make it then no big deal. Nice to have an admin who supports my special interest.

Another hurrah for the vacation.

Christopher

YEAH Christopher!! Any big plans for MIA? I think we are renting a car when we return and we will probably drive to MIA and around South Beach. We do have a very early flight on Monday (I think 7am). So we probably won't be partying too late. :D

Mike I fly out of Miami on Sunday afternoon and with an international flight I have to check in between 3 and 4 hours early. So my main concern for that Sunday is getting from Port Everglades to MIA. Thats why I am searching for ideas on transfers etc.

Christopher

I am an ex-Gautenger too; I grew up an hour west of Jo'burg. I went to university in Pretoria and worked there before coming to the US.

Cape Town is my favorite city too. Oh to be there now... it's 80°F (26°C) in teh Motehr City whilst in New York City it is 10°F (12°C). Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Bah... been working major overtime the last week, haven't been on the board in days. I only had time to skim the posts this morning and looks like I've missed lots. I'll try to look more closely to see what I've missed shortly :)

ummmm... someone (sorry can't remember who) was compiling emails and such... mine is dendren@sbcglobal.net. Honestly, I have no clue what my cabin number is. I think I'm on dolphin deck, smack in the middle of the ship. I just get on board and they point me where I need to go (and usually I find it just fine the rest of the week with a few purposeful exceptions hahaha)

I tell ya, this vacation can't come soon enough.

Good Morning All,

I tried to reply to everyone who emailed photos for the directory but if I forgot you just send me an email to smack me upside the head.

Dendren, I'm compiling a year book of sorts to distribute to all the CC members. If you want to send me a photo to include the address is thyatt@sejumc.org .

We are up to six pages now! I am so easy to amuse.

Archived