ROLL CALL: 2/25/07 Caribbean Princess

MattInFLL

Welcome Greg and John and Derek! Greg, thanks for the St Martin internet info, I was hoping someone might be able to confirm there was one at the pier, like in St Thomas.

Tom - as you know, one man's fantasy, is another man's...... but seriously, at the time I met Ralph I was convinced I would be single for the rest of my life, and was making peace with that. And then I met Ralph so completely by accident. My best friend met his partner on the '99 RSVP cruise we took, and they're still together and will be with us on this cruise... so you just never know. I hope we all have a little romance at sea, hat or no hat :)

Nick from RSVP and I are playing phone tag on the schedule - hope we actually speak on Thursday.

Hi All!

My partner and I are going on the cruise as well. This will be our first cruise and our 10 year anniversary! :D Hoping to meet you all on the cruise! Sounds like a blast.

Email us if you want to hang out. ;)

I have so much to do! I guess it's time to make a list! Check it twice! To be naughty will be nice! ;)

I'm glad I've already had my evaluation this year because I will NOT be productive at work for the next few weeks.

Packin' time's a comin'!! Get your head out of the gutter, luggage packin' time. We are going to have to bring a bag just for shoes. I'm afraid we are going to look like the traveling company of the Rockettes or something.

Christopher, Matt, anybody, have an updated list?

Also, some of you have passed along pictures for the directory without cabin numbers or names so just shoot me a quick email to fill in the blanks at thyatt@sejumc.org

Ok, now to suffer through the next 8 hours...

Welcome Marjoe1.

Don't be shy. Introduce yourself. You will find a great bunch of people here and we are always welcoming of more to the flock. Look back a few posts and you will find that Tim of Tim-n-Rick is compiling a yearbook of sorts with photos, cabin numbers and contact info if you want to join in.

Matt and Tom are arranging some meet and greets on board including cocktails and Church Bingo with church lady hats if you feel so inclined.

Steven has made a call for those who want to join the throngs of tacky tourists.

Many are planning to take the same excursions in ports of call.

This is just a start to what you willfind as you read all the posts.

We are a talkative group so it could take some time to read through the whole thing but well worth it. Lots of diversity among us but all out to enjoy each other's company for the week.

Again welcome to you and all recent arrivals. Welcome aboard the CC train headed for the CB.

Christopher

Steven, I'm in. That last message got too mushy for me, phew, so yeah let's talk trash and get all kitted out. Not sure what yet but a trip to the Salvation Army might do the trick.

Christopher

Christopher, I'm ready to talk trash any time you are. I'm doing more than a just a hat though, I have most of the whole out fit already. It took a couple of trips to Goodwill before I found what I was looking for (and I never thought I would actually have fun shopping at Goodwill).

I thought your last message was interesting--I have found out that long distance relationships rarely work.

Steven

Thanks Christopher!!

Well, let's see, we're from Central Florida (about 20 mins from Tampa) & we moved down here from New York 7 years ago. This cruise will be our first and we'll be celebrating our 10 year anniversary (March 15th). We'll be in Cabin A344 (on the ALOHA Deck).

So far we signed up for the St. Marten Tour & Beach thingy and also the same for St. Thomas. Wanted to swim with the dolphins, but the water's too cold.... :) We would love to get together on board with you all. Have to find costumes for the superheroes night. (Already got the leather...;) for that evening...).

We would love to be added to the yearbook and directory. We're always looking to make new friends.

Thanks Christopher!!

Well, let's see, we're from Central Florida (about 20 mins from Tampa) & we moved down here from New York 7 years ago. This cruise will be our first and we'll be celebrating our 10 year anniversary (March 15th). We'll be in Cabin A344 (on the ALOHA Deck).

So far we signed up for the St. Marten Tour & Beach thingy and also the same for St. Thomas. Wanted to swim with the dolphins, but the water's too cold.... :) We would love to get together on board with you all. Have to find costumes for the superheroes night. (Already got the leather...;) for that evening...).

We would love to be added to the yearbook and directory. We're always looking to make new friends.

Hi Marjoe and welcome. To be included in the directory just email me a picture to include at thyatt@sejumc.org. Please include your cabin number, names and if you would like your email published or not.

Remember that any day that brings us a day closer to the CB (thanks Christopher) is a good day!

hello marjoe,

david here......in fort lauderdale....about 7 minutes from the port.......

happy upcoming 10th!! john (my husband) and i are pushing 8 in june.

so nice to still be in love after all these years..........<g>

we're an older rowdy couple......still got a few kicks left in us.......lol

if you don't have a cruise schedule, i do.....email me and i'll send you one davidk954@aol.com

gang,

as for the "leather under construction" party, i'm leaning towards "construction".....i have a great get-up (i think i look like one of the village people.....<g>), but i'm going with it.....hard hat and all.......

superhero is a simple get-up.....but finished......last item arrived today.......

red is easy

underwear is easy.....if i can just find someone to rip it for me.....

not using your hands of course........<g>....

and still working on pajamas.......oh, i have some, they're just not festive enough for a ship of 3100 gay people..........

17 days and counting............

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Kent & Andy,

Yes, please join us on the 8:15 St. John's catamaran. That is going to be THE party boat! It also gives us an extra hour in the afternoon to do more exploring and shopping on our own. And I feel Orient Beach at St. Martin will never be the same after we're done with it!

Hi Everyone,

Well we had signed up for the 8:15 excursion but Andy tore some ligaments in his left knee on Sunday and was told today that they don't think surgery is required but he will be in a brace for at least 4 weeks and most likely still using crutches on the cruise. So undecided right now about the excursion, may wait until closer to decide if we should cancel or not.

We haven't even started getting things together for the parties, I guess it will be last minute as usual.

Hope everyone has a great day and we are one day closer to being on the ship!

Take care,

Kent & Andy

Hey Marjoe - welcome - are you the two guys that just booked through Stan the Cruiseman?

NYC - the directory is actually being compiled by the oh so generous Tim and Rick, and it will "close" on the 19th, and then he'll send us each a copy..

Andy - I hope the pain is bearable! Good luck with the recovery.

Nick at RSVP confirmed this evening that they are putting us on the schedule for Monday! They wanted us to do it from 1-2pm in Crooner's Lounge (Promenade Deck, just off the central atrium). That way it doesn't conflict with ChiChi's "runway show" at 2 on the main pool... I said 1:30 to 2:30 would be better...since it gives time for lunch, and if anyone wants to run up to see Chi Chi, they can...and then we are well timed for getting in line for Bingo cards :) So 1:30 to 2:30 for Monday is official for our formal meet and greet - although hopefully many of us will have already run into each other at Cubby Hole pre cruise, or at Sail Away with Capt Tom :)

BTW, if any of you have downloaded/upgraded to Internet Explorer 7, and have the "Phishing Filter" enabled, it could be one reason page refresh here is so slow. I disabled mine tonight, and things are better on all the web sites I usually visit. If you see a little green box with an exclamation point in the bottom of the window when you click on a page, just click on it to disable the filter.

Hi Everyone,

Well we had signed up for the 8:15 excursion but Andy tore some ligaments in his left knee on Sunday and was told today that they don't think surgery is required but he will be in a brace for at least 4 weeks and most likely still using crutches on the cruise. So undecided right now about the excursion, may wait until closer to decide if we should cancel or not.

We haven't even started getting things together for the parties, I guess it will be last minute as usual.

Hope everyone has a great day and we are one day closer to being on the ship!

Take care,

Kent & Andy

Bob & I are sorry to hear of Andy's mishap and hope for a swift recovery!:(

My greatest fear of the upcoming cruise is having someone come up to me at the meet and greet on Monday and saying, "Hey, the Trashy Tourist T-Dance isn't until Friday!" :)

Good Morning!

I just emailed out a first draft of the directory to everyone I have email addresses for. If you see any errors please let me know. Also, if you would like to be included please email me your photo with your name and cabin number to thyatt@sejumc.org

Welcome to all the new folks!

Andy - Sending you get well wishes!

Matt - I finally disabled the filter just after I posted three times to the board. Damn those upgrades. By the way, my opinion of Vista has soured somewhat. Lack of drivers and support for older programs is proving to be a mild pain. Oh well, that's what I get for not waiting.

Archived