ROLL CALL: 2/25/07 Caribbean Princess

MattInFLL

Well many of you are headed down to Florida already or are in the last stages of packing and headed out tomorrow morning or soon thereafter.

Safe journies on your merry ways. Leave the cold at home and remember to pack your smile because I intend to be taking a lot of pictures on this trip.

If you get a chance once you are in Fort Lauderdale to check back in with us that are still hanging around the boards, wishing it was us that was already on the way, please do. Let us know that you have arrived safely and that you are paving the way for the rest of us to join you soon.

Oh I can't wait.

Christopher

MattInFLL,

If you want lobster for the Ultimate Balcony Dinning, you have to order 24 hours in advance. I was in a full suite and ordered dinner (lobster night in the dinning room) expecting just food to be delivered. But instead, we got full table service, linens, full table set up and served without charge. The waiter stayed the entire time and his boss showed up to check up on us. This didn't happen when we were on the Golden Princess, the food was just delivered. So it was a little strange but fun. We didn't argue since there wasn't a charge. None in our group did the Ultimate but if it is anything like we experienced, I would go ahead, especially if you have a large balcony.

I haven't received anything from RSVP since I only booked the cruise last week. I don't have an invoice, so i guess that I will call them today. I hope that everything goes smoothly at the pier!

Phil,

Did you see Bill's post up above about checking in at the pier. Do you recommend calling RSVP or Princess to try to pre-register?

I look forward to meeting you guys!

Glenn

Hobie and others without your documentation....

This will be cruise number 8 for me and only the second where I have received documentation prior to arriving at the port on departure day.

The email that Bill posted above is solid advice on what you need to do and if you arrive with the items they listed you should have no problem at all. Calling and pre-registering with Princess is not necessary but will make it even smoother for you on embarkation day. Breathe easy, follow the RSVP advice, and we will see you for drinks on board.

Christopher

Hi, the jealous one here again. I just want to wish you all a hearty welcome to Fort Lauderdale (I'm only 30 minutes down the road). It'll be 80 degrees today, and the rest of the week.

I'll have to see if I can drag hubby out on Saturday night to meet you all, after our mad dash to Sawgrass Mills and the sale at Saks (thanks for that tip!).

One more post toward your 1000 mark.

Hi All... ok so I've been swamped and haven't been able to post in like 20 pages (you boys sure can post can't you hehehe). I want wanted to wish you all a safe journey and am looking forward to meeting you over the next week or so. I'm leaving from SF at 12:30 tonite and will be in Fort Lauderdale at 11:30 tomorrow morning... it's going be a looong night. Let there be someone cute next to me on the flights for once please.

couple of quickie comments...

Schusize... are you talking about someone named Ash? I've had 3 friends say "Say hi to Ash for me"... he sounds like a ummmm very popular cruise director on the other cruises LOL

MattinFLL... I don't think we'll find strong pourers on this cruise. They didn't have a choice on the cruise in October, all the bottles had those automatic dispensers to pour the *exact* amount allowed. If nothing else, order a double :)

alrighty folks... see y'all soon. Safe journey to you all!

Phil

couple of quickie comments...

Schusize... are you talking about someone named Ash? I've had 3 friends say "Say hi to Ash for me"... he sounds like a ummmm very popular cruise director on the other cruises LOL

Dendren...Ash isn't the one...its Romeo. You won't be able to miss him. He handles just about every contest...Not sure I would want to see him in leather! Yikes!

LOL....glad to hear you weren't talking about Ash....some customers of mine at Alibi had met him on CB a few weeks ago and from what they said he wasn't someone you'd tell to "go away" if ya know what I mean LOL...I for one am anxious to see what he looks like!

Remember all....if you come to Alibi either Friday or Sat night you get $1 off all your drinks during regular price times (no discount before 9 as on Friday it's 2-4-1 anyhow and on Sat everyone gets a $1 off instead of 2-4-1 ) Be sure to bring your RSVP lapel pin or your passport with you in order to get this discount....the bartenders won't be hard asses about it, but you should have something with you that kinda sorta proves that you are actually getting on the ship ;)

What I did was call RSVP and get my booking number (you already have that?) then went to the princess web site Cruise Personalizer and tried to print the boarding pass - it would let me saying it needed more credit card info, so I called Princess (1-800-PRINCESS) and talked to someone there who took my CC number and entered it - then I could print the boarding pass. The immigration form you'll have to download, print, and fill out by hand then bring it, boarding pass, ID, etc to teh pier. This should make boarding go a little faster.

I'm wondering if they'll have priority boarding for super-princess folks only or for RSVP Platinum too. Although, most cruises I've been on, priority boarding usually takes longer - seems the dowagers never bother to fill anything out before hand and expect the pier people to do it for them. meow.

Almost finished packing - so much stuff - it keeps multiplying every time I turn around. I'm up to 1 big, 1 small, and 1 carryon. Damn big church hats. And superhero boots. and big fluffy PJs. And I'm leaving the top hat home!:rolleyes:

What I did was call RSVP and get my booking number (you already have that?) then went to the princess web site Cruise Personalizer and tried to print the boarding pass - it would let me saying it needed more credit card info, so I called Princess (1-800-PRINCESS) and talked to someone there who took my CC number and entered it - then I could print the boarding pass. The immigration form you'll have to download, print, and fill out by hand then bring it, boarding pass, ID, etc to teh pier. This should make boarding go a little faster.

I'm wondering if they'll have priority boarding for super-princess folks only or for RSVP Platinum too. Although, most cruises I've been on, priority boarding usually takes longer - seems the dowagers never bother to fill anything out before hand and expect the pier people to do it for them. meow.

Almost finished packing - so much stuff - it keeps multiplying every time I turn around. I'm up to 1 big, 1 small, and 1 carryon. Damn big church hats. And superhero boots. and big fluffy PJs. And I'm leaving the top hat home!:rolleyes:

Atlanta Sailor here-(Jeff). Just wanted to thank Tim and Rick for the cruise directory as well. Wish I could manage my time as well as y'all. A special hey to Jim and Terry in Miami--can't wait to see you guys again as well as meet all from the board. Safe travels to FTL. "A little too much fun is just about enough."

Well "hotdog" if it is'nt Jeff. Missed your post at first. We are looking forward to seeing you as well.

Looking forward to meeting all of you too. When we hit 1000 posts perhaps we have broken the Genus ??? book of records for the most posts for a gay cruise charter. If we have'nt all we have to do is add to the title on the Caribbean Princess and that will take care of it. From warm and sunny Miami.:D

Jim & Terry

So the talks of the Cruise Director made me think----- is there still your typical Cruise Director/Asst. Cruise Director?

I have never done a charter before but for some reason I thought the RSVP hosts would take there place.

Or am I just totally lost! :confused:

Thanks guys! See you soon.

So the talks of the Cruise Director made me think----- is there still your typical Cruise Director/Asst. Cruise Director?

I have never done a charter before but for some reason I thought the RSVP hosts would take there place.

Or am I just totally lost! :confused:

Thanks guys! See you soon.

Hi Mike,

Generally, the RSVP hosts take over most of the activities and events.

Jim

Has anyone ever bought the DVD or VIDEO of their cruise and was it worth the cost?

Has anyone ever transported "glow in the dark" necklaces/sticks for the night parties? Got some red, white and blue at Party City (the only way to get the red ones for the "red party") and am concerned that people who check luggage at the airport will see these sticks of fluid at the airport and detain me! What do you think?

Ya know, I had a slew of questions bouncing around in my mind last night and now I can't think of any of them but these two....well, we want to get that count up to a 1000 anyway, don't we?

:D

RSVP has videographers about on the cruise and major excursions documenting the trip. They mail all cruisers a free DVD of the cruise a couple of months after the sailing. The one from Mexico 1996 was excellent.

The red glow sticks are a great idea! I don't think the TSA cares about nontoxic fluids in checked luggage, but I think they would confiscate them if you took them on board.

They're pretty fragile and can "fire" if roughly handled. Maybe bubble wrap them and put them in a poster tube in your checked luggage.

And I'm sure there will be a white party and blue party in the future where you can use the other sticks.

Walter

Has anyone ever bought the DVD or VIDEO of their cruise and was it worth the cost?

Has anyone ever transported "glow in the dark" necklaces/sticks for the night parties? Got some red, white and blue at Party City (the only way to get the red ones for the "red party") and am concerned that people who check luggage at the airport will see these sticks of fluid at the airport and detain me! What do you think?

Ya know, I had a slew of questions bouncing around in my mind last night and now I can't think of any of them but these two....well, we want to get that count up to a 1000 anyway, don't we?

:D

Hey all,

I will be greeting passengers as they board the ship, along with some other RSVP people. I assume we'll have TWO entrances to the ship like we did on Mexican Riviera, but if any of y'all board at my entrance, be sure and introduce yourselves :)

And yes, Princess will still have their cruise directors on board to help us out, but Danny Williams and I are pretty much the cruise directors for this trip.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Paul J. Williams

Yeah thanks Phil. I was a bit disturbed earlier when I also saw the same message about no credit card info. I called and the dude that took my info changed it so my boarding pass was instantly available online.

I wish it was the weekend already!!!!!!

Schusize and GregFL... so wow... sounds like both Ash and Romeo get a round on most cruises, must be a difficult job LOL My friends have said Ash is a total sweetie tho. Will have to keep an eye out for him to say hi from all his past cruisers LOL

JohnandLeonard... glowsticks and the like are common, and usually RSVP hands them out themselves at at least one of the parties. Usually the underwear party but I wouldn't be surprised to see red ones at the red party either. Altho... thinking back to the white party on the cruise in october there weren't any to be seen, it was only at the underwear party.

MikeC... Paul J and Danny Williams are going to be our faaabulous cruise directors. The regular ship directors are left to be more on hand doing other things of assistance since their main job is pretty much taken over by RSVP and the staff. RSVP, Paul J and Danny do a wonderful job keeping us all well directed and having fun :)

OK... just to help ease the wait before our big Bon Voyage. Imagine you are there right now!

What would you be drinking?!?!??! :p

I think I will either have a frozen daquiri or margarita!!!!

What about you?

Beers for us !!! ;)

:) According to the Old Farmer's Almanac, Saturday, 3/3/2007 is a full moon!!

2/28, 3/1 and 3/2 are "almost" full moons! That is great.

I love the reflection of a full moon on the sea! How romantic!

Now, I almost want to spend the extra $1,000 to try to upgrade to a balcony cabin.

O.K. I said "almost" Maybe that special someone will invite me to the balcony on their suite to enjoy the full moon!

Archived