Just back from 10/18-10/27 Crown Sailing

jennbk28

Just about everything was close to perfect...Service was great, food was great and so was the weather. We had a few rough days but that is to be expected in the Atlantic - it wasn't anything to bother me and most people seemed to be coping with it fine.

Yes drink receipts are still hard to come by I very rarely got receipts back from any drinks I bought, I also noticed that the general bar menus have not had price updates. For example when it would advertise in the Patter that the featured drink of the day was $6.50 in the bar menu it would be $5.50. Or I would order a Dos Equis for $3.50 and it was $4.25 - we didn't order a ton of drinks but I am thinking of contacting Princess in regards to that so that they know..I mentioned it to the bar waiter and he changed the price but I doubt most will do that....

Other than that I really didn't have many issues with our sailing..

P.S.

We were on Aloha deck cabin A223 balcony. We had a smaller covered balcony..the only thing we did notice some nights is we would go out to enjoy the fresh air and the ocean and because we were on deck 12 above the larger uncovered balcony sometimes we would be breathing cigarette smoke. Some times we would have to go back inside because of that but not much you can do about that..

I found the same issue with the drink reciepts but resolved that by asking them to bring me a copy if they didn't the first time and had no problems with that. As far as the prices changes/differences I didn't notice. What I didn't know was that you had to pay for juice ( I had a toddler with me) if you got it at the bar (which I refused to do) so I "winged" it by ordering extra juice at room service and kept it in my fridge!:p

I found the cruise to be wonderful. The ship was clean, everyone was friendly and it helped that we lucked out with beautiful weather. Ports of call were beautiful! If something didn't go exactly perfect it was able to be corrected with a call or two - no big deal. Food was good to very good and the entertainment wasn't shabby either.

Disembarkement wasn't too much fun. Then again I don't think anyone will give a positive review about leaving a cruise ship after 9 days and having to go back to cooking and cleaning for yourself!

Any other questions I'd also be happy to answer especially for those of you who happen to be going with kids.

Did you have trouble getting drink receipts? Is that still an issue?

wJustondering why people are concerned with drink reciepts. Am I missing something?

I was wondering the same thing. I keep seeing it in several posts. Maybe someone can enlighten us.

I believe that those who are asking for drink receipts save them during their cruise to compare to their final bill. Sometimes, the waiter enters your card number wrong. Mistakes do happen, so this way you can call it to the attention of the front desk to have corrected.

Archived