Roll Call: Legend 1/26/07-2/18 LA>FLL/Canal

JaneBP

There are two segments, LA to Caldera (10 days) and Caldera to Ft Lauderdale (14 days). I bought the McCullouogh book as recommended, but even in paperback, it seems to be a daunting read.

Who is joining me?

Eaast Coast Jane (Arriving two days early in case of bad weather. Like the La Palomas I get itchy if the connections are too close!)

We will be with you all the way Jane! Hopefully see you at the Sky Bar this time, but no need for the baseball hat this time, unless you have had major plastic surgery we will remember you. We are arriving three days early, we worry too but we also have friends to visit in LA. I have been looking out for the Path Between the Seas book, but no luck yet. I really want a copy as my nephew is called David McCullough!!!!! But I also want to read it.

See you soon, (transatlantic & Christmas to fit in first!!)

Brian & Kathryn

>" ...unless you have had major plastic surgery we will remember you."

LOL! In my wildest dreams.

I just ordered the book from Amazon.com. On the Legend this spring, there were several used copies in the library, and I should have 'borrowed' one from there.

As a result of my Alaskan cruise this summer, I am looking forward to the whale watching in Cabo. I also hope to have lunch at Las Brisas in Acapulco. Used to go there a lot in the 70's. I hear it's trying to stage a comeback.

But then, aren't we all?

J

We hope to join you. This must be a very popular cruise. I would think something would open up when the final payments are due. has anyone had experience with a waitlist?

Jane, we met on the London to NY Pride crossing last year.

Hope to see you on board.

Susan and Gerry from LA

My husband and I will also join you on this cruise. I am going to retire on January 19th (my birthday) and figured that this trip would be the perfect way to celebrate. We have had the trip booked for over a year and can't believe we have less than 3 months to go! We are looking forward to meeting everyone on board.

Harriet and Bruce

>"Jane, we met on the London to NY Pride crossing last year."

Yes, we certainly did!! That was a fun crossing. I had read the FLL>LA legs were full, didn't know it was getting crowded on the flip side. How convenient for you in LA!

Keeping fingers and Capt G-A's 'torses' crossed for you.

Jane

Hi Harriet!

>"I am going to retire on January 19th (my birthday) and figured that this trip would be the perfect way to celebrate."

I also celebrated my retirement with a Legend cruise in the Med. On the cold day in January when I woke up and decided to retire, by the end of the day I had a mailer from Seabourn with the Med cruises on sale, as it were. Also, a flyer from BA with stopovers in London for 'free'. I took them as signs from God and never looked back.

Congratulations!

Jane

• 1 month later...
There are two segments, LA to Caldera (10 days) and Caldera to Ft Lauderdale (14 days). I bought the McCullouogh book as recommended, but even in paperback, it seems to be a daunting read.

Who is joining me?

Eaast Coast Jane (Arriving two days early in case of bad weather. Like the La Palomas I get itchy if the connections are too close!)

Jane--not to worry--the book is a great read--your sure to like the battle against yellow fever and malaria--I couldn't put it down!!!Don

....Looking to celebrate Harriet's retirement as well. :)

Jane – yes! Our tickets arrived on Saturday – could not have asked for a better Christmas present. I also decided to move up my retirement date (need plenty of time to pack) and Friday is my last work day. Life is good. Looking forward to meeting you. Harriet

>"We are on for 24 days. Can't wait"

GREAT!!! That's terrific news!!!

Harriet,

Smart move!! My documents are with my TA, but I am off to London for the holidays, so I won't get them until later. I don't have a suite assignement yet. I am planning on sending my luggage ahead.

BTW:

This is for those who are worried that by identifying yourself as a 'CC'er" it means that we are all joined at the hip and spend all waking hours together. It's not like that at all, and in some cases we can go days without seeing each other. It's just nice to know a few friendly people with q common linkwhen one embarks. Friendships do form, but it's not a requirement of the cruise.

Port side of the SkyBar and I will have a red 'Phillies' hat.

Jane

I am sailing on the March crossing and saw that you were sending 'luggage ahead'..can I please ask you...can I send luggage home ahead of me..after my crossing I will be spending several days in London, and would love to send some of the luggage home ahead of me.Do you know if this is possible. Thank you in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
Jane

I am sailing on the March crossing and saw that you were sending 'luggage ahead'..can I please ask you...can I send luggage home ahead of me..after my crossing I will be spending several days in London, and would love to send some of the luggage home ahead of me.Do you know if this is possible. Thank you in advance.

I am sorry that I missed this question, I was in London, if that's any excuse. Yes, your luggage will stay on the ship and will be sent home from London. Then, all you need to pack what you will want to have in London with you. The paperwork for the return shipping is sent to you ahead of time. It's a wonderful service, albeit not cheap.

One thing that I learned this time (that had not occurred to me) is that since for the US the weight is 100 lbs I can send one suitcase to LA and then send two back, as long as the weight is not over 100 lbs. Since I am going ahead to LA I will have another bag with me. I am flying home from FLL and won't need that second suitcase so will send two home.(No doubt I won't need cruise wear in February in Philly.) I can just carry my few necessities in a tote bag and having no luggage to check will will speed things through the airport.

Again, sorry to miss this question. I was checking the roll call and saw it.

Jane

Have you had any further thoughts on the boo? I will be doing the full 24 days as well as the two day early arrival in LA. Have travel a number of times on the Pride. Anthing I should Kow? Of course the captain changes may mean there is more of a atmosphere change.

Taz Taz in Santa Fe

>"Of course the captain changes may mean there is more of a atmosphere change."

I doubt it; I think we will have Captain Buer and he's quite charming and welcoming.

BTW, I finally skimmed the McCullough book; dead boring to me, but I got the gist. I am sure there will be an expert lecturer and I am looking forward to that.

• 1 month later...

I thought I would bump this up because most of us are home, safely I hope. I thought this was the most wonderful cruise I have had. The ports, passengers, and crew were fantastic. It was so nice to meet the CC posters and lurkers and I perhaps

we will have many more (and you know who I mean!).

We 'won' Liars' Club and came in 3rd (both times) in Trivia. And believe me, the questions were obtuse. <G> I do hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

Archived