St. Maarten beach

djm719

Has anyone ever been to Dawn's Beach on St. Maarten. We've been there twice and love it. There is a great rib place on the beach that the locals run. You can eat ribs, salad and garlic bread right on your beach chair. Also $1.00 beers. How can you go wrong?

My only complaint was that it wasn't a very big beach and it was beach chairs 3-4 deep. Also, we were approached by a few people selling stuff (trinkets etc..) on the beach. But, it wasn't bad.

Anyone know any quieter beaches on St. Maarten?

Dawn Beach is one of our favorites. The woman that runs that little restaurant also ran the gift shop at our hotel. She was very interesting to talk to! When we first went to St Martin 26 years ago, Dawn Beach Club was the place to go! Obviously, a hurricane took care of most of it. The beach is still gorgeous. I can't answer the taxi question, I'm sorry. We had rented a car.

My only complaint was that it wasn't a very big beach and it was beach chairs 3-4 deep. Also, we were approached by a few people selling stuff (trinkets etc..) on the beach. But, it wasn't bad.

Anyone know any quieter beaches on St. Maarten?

Pinel Island is very quiet as far as people selling their wares. There weren't a whole lot of people there either. The beach isn't very large, though, if that is what you are looking for. Check out the pictures in my signature for some photos we took there earlier this year.

Yes, we have. I really didn't like it; it is a beach at a shipping port, and isn't a wonderful Caribbean beach. I didn't see any fish, and the view really wasn't that pretty. There are so many beautiful beaches on St. Maarten - go to one other than that one and you will be much happier.

Archived