Hair nets are not just for the lunch lady

Cruise Arizona

One of the best tricks for getting unruley hair into a secure bun, is the tacky old Hair Net!!!!

DD and I use them all the time for our dance recitals, and tonight for her Halloween costume. (She was a Geisha, so we did a high bun with some Chop Stix through it, and some white flowers cascading from it.)

If you have problems with frizies sticking our from your bun, or your bun becoming loose after a while, the hair net will help keep things together.

The one draw back is that espcially on light hair, the net can be visable.

But the closer the net color is to your hair color the less noticible it is. And only put it over the bun, not the rest of your hair!!!!

I had never thoght of the hair net option until our dance studio director swore by them as a means to tame your little girls ballet bun, but I have to say, they are pretty great!!!

They are also great for containing your hair under one of those little clip on hair pieices!!!

As a long time dance mom I know the hair net bun secret. And hairnets come in every possible hair color, so you can probably get one to match the color of your hair almost perfectly. Our local Long's drug store has them in light blond, dark blond, red, light brown, dark brown, black, light grey and dark grey. Get the hair into the bun, put in enough hair pins to keep it from falling down, put the hair net on, twist, double hair net, repeat until the hair net doesn't have any extra netting floating around. Now pin down so you can do multiple pirrouttes without it moving :-) Now slap that tiara on and pin it down too. (Oops, different thread....)

I always loved those 1940's world War II hair nets that were a throw back from "Scarlett" in Gone With the Wind-I would love for those to come back in style!!!!

Now I know they do not call those things hair nets-but I am not sure what they are called. Anyone know?

are you thinking of snoods?

http://www.snoods.com/

Yes that is it. A few years ago the smaller ones that covered a bun or ponty tail you could buy- but I always wanted one like Scarlett in Gone With the Wind.

Ofcourse I no longer wear my hair long-as it no longer looks good long on me-I keep my hair medium short. I would not mind buying that for my daughter if she liked it though.

Archived