Radiance Room 9078

This room is next to elevators. Does this cause any problem from your experience. Also, being the balcony is very large does it have lounges or just the standard chairs? Thanks

I'll let you know in a couple weeks! We have the cabin on the 11-5 sailing! :)

"rumor" has it that the elevators do not cause excess noise and that there may or may not be loungers! :)

My wife and I were in room 9078 on the Radiance last December, will be in it again this December, and are in that same room on the Jewel, next October, which is the same style ship as the Radiance.

Even though the room is the first room as you enter the hall right off of the elevators, you do not hear anything. We were amazed how quiet. There is never a crowd near the elevators anyway, except on formal nights for a couple of hours when everyone is trying to get to the lower floors to get their photos taken.

Room 9078 is right next to the library. A very quiet floor. When there is noise in the hallways, it is usually half way down, if you think about it. Because all of the other cabins are so close to each other, including iniside cabins, along with the room stewards each morning, that's where the noise is.

Your cabin is large, and the balcony, is the second largest balcony on the ship. The balcony is almost as large as the darn room. We only had the regular chairs, no lounge chairs. We were told they could not bring them up. The balcony is great, so much room, and you can see so far out as the ship is sailing. Plus, there is no one to your left as you're out on the balcony, only to your right, so you have a lot more privacy.

Most peole would do anything to get cabin 9078, so feel very fortunate. I am very confident, that after you experience this cabin, you will always want it again.

Dave

Trishalee, ty for the info. I'm happy to hear about the lounge chairs. Can you tell me anything about the privacy factor. I heard a while ago that the people in the elevator maybe able to see into the veranda and also what is it about a canopy covering the lifeboats below deck 9. Do they interfer with the view. Thank you again

Hello again Pepsi...No one can see into your balcony from the elevators, so that is something you do not even have to worry about, and your view is not blocked at all from your balcony. If anything, you can see more because of the way the cabins balcony on the hump sticks out. You can see out further and can see straight ahead toward the front of the ship too.

Relax...This is the best or second best cabin on the ship. You will love it. It may seem hard to believe, but it is like the perfect cabin.

Dave

We had 9078 last May for a 22 day back to back cruise. The balcony is completely covered and very deep. We left some of our stuff out there (snorkel gear, beach things, some luggage) and it was just fine the entire cruise. The location is the best! Two steps from the elevators. Very quiet, never heard a thing. If I had to say something negative it would be that the cabin itself was rather dark as the balcony was so deep.

We have 9078 on the Brilliance in 20 days. Can't wait!

Hello SUZCRUZ...You are correct in that the cabin is identical and so is the balcony, except for facing AFT. There might be a slight sqaure footage difference in the balcony of a foot or tow, which is not even noticeable, but that is it.

We always try to get 9078, but on occasion it is taken before we book. We will be on the Radiance in November, and could not get 9078, so we are in 7108 which is one floor below 8102 also facing AFT, and it is just so nice. You will enjoy!!

Dave

Regarding the lounge chairs, if they aren't on the balcony when you check in, ask your cabin attendant to get you at least one. With a $$ in your hand, it should be taken care of quite quickly. But do it first thing.:o

Hi again. I kind of liked the fact that the balcony is so deep. Sometimes when you're docked and the sun is on your side of the ship, it can cause the balcony/cabin to heat up pretty quickly. The sun never really gets all the way inside the balcony, so although the cabin is a bit darker, it's always very comfortable. You can even enjoy the balcony in a hard rain by just moving your chairs from their sunny/rail position back a little. Also, remember you only have a neighbor on one side to contend with - noise, smoker, etc.:eek: You're going to be very impressed and determined to try for this cabin every time!

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from the Radiance. I stayed in 9092, and our traveling companions were in 9078. Both have great locations and except for one night where we could faintly hear the singer in the Atrium, the rooms were VERY quiet. 9092 had 2 chairs, 2 loungers and a table on the balcony, while 9078 only had 2 chairs and a table. We asked for a lounger for 9078, but it never materialized. There was also a funky smell in the bathroom of 9078 that never really went away, but it wasn't excessively bad. We asked for some air freshener, which we did not ever get either. I loved 9092 and in the future would ALWAYS get this cabin. I have 1602, the aft JS reserved for our next cruise, but am thinking of waitlisting for 9092, it was that great!

Archived