Anyone ever fallen out of bed????

I did indeed end up pitched out of bed on night on the NCL dream 3 years ago, on a particularly rough night. I was sleeping on the very edge of the bed though, a habit developed for normally sleeping with 3 dogs in the bed :)

LOL... Once on the Dawn the seas were very rough at night and I just caught myself before going over... I like to sleep on my side and your head and feet are fore and aft so you can tend to rock side-to-side. I used the extra pillows to prop myself.

BTW, This was only once on all my cruises! Also the Celebrity Zenith (and Horizon) has the beds facing head to feet, port to starboard.. I really did not like rocking head to feet...

I've come close a couple of times, once in Hawaii crossing the channel from Kauai then another time heading north from Baja. I was hanging onto the sheets :eek:

Both times our cabin was forward, but the seas were so rough that you could not walk through the halls without hanging on (not just holding on) to the railings. You could even feel the movement in the lower, mid ship area, where everyone says you feel little movement.

The sea is a whole lot larger than any ship that is built, if the water is rough enough, you will feel it.

Yeap . . . been there and done that and haven't had an inside cabin since. Well, actually I have . . . as someone who travels alone . . . I'm always sure to book that one of two cabins that is priced as an inside but has two big picture windows. I want to see exactly why I was tossed out of my single bed . . . . :p

I've been lucky not to have fallen out of bed, especially with the rough seas we had this February. Luckily when the ship pitched forward my feet hit the side of the closet and it kept me from falling out.:D

...fall out of bed?...uh yes...

We danced and we danced on the night we were wed...

we danced and we danced till we fell out of bed.....

I've been in some heavy seas, but not to the point of being

tossed out of my rack. On a very small ship, a very long time

ago, we tried to out run a hurricane. I was just a wee cruiser

and my mother doped my brother and me to the point we

went to our little inside aft cabin and fell asleep around 4:00 pm.

We awoke in time for the midnight buffet; we were very pleased

to find we were the only ones attending. We thought we were

the only passengers aboard.

When the Queen Mary was new she was a real roller, it was said

she could roll the milk out of your cup of tea.

We just got back from Jewel of the Seas and I swore the first night I was going to be thrown violently from my bed! The next morning as I was talking with my husband about all the terrible rocking (which he never felt) he asked why, if the seas were so rough, was my full water glass still sitting beside the bed? :D :D Guess I just had to get my sea legs (sea bed?) back.

:D On our Alaskan cruise in August the second day was a sea day (with lots of rolling motion) and I had taken some bonine. Decided to take a nap and my 18 year old son said he grabbed me just in time from rolling off the bed:eek: It was on a HAL ship and the beds are super comfy- never even noticed he saved me.:o He loved telling our tablemates that night of his "rescue at sea".

Archived