Questions from new cruiser

Meltiphil

Hey all you pro cruisers,

I have a few questions regarding my upcoming cruise in June of 07. First question; are there coffe makers in the rooms? Second of all, are there bath robes in all rooms, including inside rooms? I have read alot about the bath robes being and not being included. One more, just how dressed up are the 'formal nights' on an Alaska Cruise? Also if anyone is signed up on the June 1st cruise out of Seattle to Alaska for 7 days let me know. I have not seen this cruise on the list for the meet and mingle sign up yet., probably to early:) Thanks for any relpies.

Hey all you pro cruisers,

I have a few questions regarding my upcoming cruise in June of 07. First question; are there coffe makers in the rooms? Second of all, are there bath robes in all rooms, including inside rooms? I have read alot about the bath robes being and not being included. One more, just how dressed up are the 'formal nights' on an Alaska Cruise? Also if anyone is signed up on the June 1st cruise out of Seattle to Alaska for 7 days let me know. I have not seen this cruise on the list for the meet and mingle sign up yet., probably to early:) Thanks for any relpies.

Hi! Welcome! I am sure some of the more experienced cruisers (I've only been on 8 so far) will be able to better answer your questions. However I will tell you from my personal experience. No coffee makers...we bring either a small perculator or a french press and our own coffee. On RC we ony got robes in the balcony and above cabins. However we did ask once for robes when we were in an OV and the steward brought them. Never been on an Alaskan cruise personally, but my cousin went this spring and she said few were in tuxes and long gown, most were in cocktail party type clothes, some in Sunday Best. Hope this helps some.

First question; are there coffe makers in the rooms?

Not that I have ever seen. A popular solution would be to bring a "french

press." Also the ship has free room service, so you can sign up to have your

morning coffee delivered, or there is coffee to be found almost constantly

throughout the day.

Second of all, are there bath robes in all rooms, including inside rooms?

I belive that robes are available to suite guests, and to guests who have

achieved a certain status with the Crown & Anchor program.

How dressed up are the 'formal nights' on an Alaska Cruise?

In my experience they are the same as any other cruise. There will be

some men in Tuxes and many more in Suits, lots of the women will have

formal dresses on, but there will be a few passangers that either don't care

or don't get the idea and show up wearing somthing less than formal.

Have a great cruise

Brian

Archived