mobility scooter question

ricko1

I have rented a mobility scooter from CareVacations. They told me to bring an extension cord for charging the scooter at night in case the one attached to the scooter isn't long enough. Has anyone ever had to use an extension cord? How long do you suggest it be?

We are going on the Voyager and in a Junior Suite. So we are hoping that the cabin door is wide enough and the scooter won't be too much in the way in the room.

Thanks for any advise you can offer.

You do not mention which scooter you are getting. The travel models will fit. A six foot cord is all you need (if you even need it). You do not mention which ship you are on but all Voyager class and Freedom class are easy to get around on. I have been on both. The scooter will be in your stateroom when you arrive. If you need a whellchair for board just tell the porters and they will get you one. (if you have not brought your own). You can not keep this one. Enjoy your cruise. Have a Miami Vice for me.

Thanks for your quick reply. That's why we love thses boards so much, so many helpful folks.

The woman at CareVacations assured me that the scooter will fit through the cabin door. RCI will not allow them to stay in the hall. I was concerened about if I needed to bring an extension cord and what length.

Thanks again, Denice

Hi Rick & Denice,

For my Go-go scooter, I can remove the battery pack and move it close to the outlet to charge it with the charger provided with the scooter. But, I also carry a short 3-prong extension cord (the kind with a place for multiple plugs) I think the total length is about 10 to 12 inches. It is green and I believe it was designed to use with a Christmas tree/village? It has come in handy for other things, but I haven't needed it for the scooter on the Navigator of the Seas. On the NCL Spirit, we put just the battery under the desk to charge it since that was out of the way and close to the outlet.

Have a great time!

IrisF

Archived