CBM Parking Miami (review + pics)

mjt2890

I had originally posted here when I found out about them, but I figured it needed a better title and its own thread.

These people shuttle you to the port and secure your vehicle while your on the cruise. They're about 10-15 minutes drive to the port terminal. Parking rates are about 1/2 of the ports $12 a day.

CBM Parking

3499 NW 25th St

Miami, FL 33142

(305) 635-0805

Here are the photos as you approach the location:

2005490007125056729_th.jpg 2005484969057394179_th.jpg

Outdoor Parking

2005488994824422176_th.jpg

Covered Parking (also outdoor, really just an overhang)

2005441574722904778_th.jpg

They're very close to the airport and you see planes (mostly AA) taking off while your wait ...

2005494022933504515_th.jpg

You will be given a ticket that looks like this and instructed to call for pickup when you return from your cruise.

*** I have to leave for work, will update w/ review later today ***

Shucks can't edit my post, so I'll be doing this as a reply ...

We arrived on 10/21/2006 right around 3pm and parked in the nearly full small front parking lot. Walking inside they take your drivers license and vehicle key, give you a ticket voucher which you need when calling for pickup (will explain later). The van runs every hour from the parking lot to the cruise terminal. We had just missed the 3pm van, so we had to wait until 4pm. This really wasn't much fun considering it was my parents and I and they only had 2 chairs in their tiny lobby. At about 3:50 they allowed us to get in the van and off we went to the port.

Arriving at the port of Miami they dropped us right at the main entrance between loading zones 9 & 11. Pulling right to the porters, it was quite silly to still have to pay the porters $1 a bag when all they did was take it from the back of the van, turn 1 step, and place in a large container.

After the cruise you meet at the same location you are dropped at. We had the porter take our bags to the loading zones 9 & 11 which were just on the other side of the road from the terminal. We lucked out as there was already a CBM van there loading passengers and luggage and so we just hopped aboard. For the unlucky ones you have to call when you arrive, give them your ticket # (name/veh info doesn't work), and they send the van for you. Very important ... the van does not run every hour for pickup back to the parking lot ... you must call for pickup! They also collect your ticket when your riding back to the lot.

Arriving back at the parking lot, they had the trunks of everyones cars open in a nearby parking lot and pulled the van right next to the vehicles. The keys were on the front left tire. Very efficient operation for loading and exiting!

The rate was just under half of the $12 per day port parking. I can't imagine the covered "overhang" parking for another $10. Everything was still inside my vehicle (gps, sunpass, etc) and there was no visable damage. The only negative I see is the wait up to an hour to leave the parking lot with only those 2 seats indoors.

I would use them again, but only on a 7 day or longer cruise (this was an 8 day). We booked through an online booking agent and would instead book directly through them. If you google for CBM PARKING MIAMI you can find printable coupons for them.

If you have any questions about this place, your more than welcome to email me at fox_zpbuql@trashmail.net

Yep you have to leave a key ... they move your vehicle around. I left it in the front lot and I assumed it ended up in the rear gated lot. Then when we arrived it was moved to a parking lot adjacent to their business w/ the trunk open and all the doors locked.

I only left them my car key and took the rest of my keys with me (and they stayed in the safe the whole trip). ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking of using these guys and appreciated your detailed report AND pictures. I am okay leaving a key (keep a spare of course) as this is the norm with valet parking, etc.... BUT I thought you said you have to leave your license too. This I will not do. Can you please confirm if I read that right?

• 2 weeks later...

I highly recommend these folks. This is my first experience. I usually use AirportFastPark and pay $7 a day. For those who use online reservation, do not waste your money. go directly here to make a free reservation and get your coupon. I used for 8 days, $41.40 inclusive of tax for valet service and a free car wash. Amazing service.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Unfortunately my wife & I used CBM based on these comments. We left our car on Dec. 2 and when we returned on Dec. 7 immediately noticed significant damage to the right front where another vehicle had been run into it. The manager played dumb at first and even implied we were trying to scam him. Finally he agreed to "investigate". So far no word, but we will be filing complaints and submitting the written estimate of damages to them for payment. Don't be penny wise and pound foolish! They didn't even offer to refund our money for the parking. In the end we saved $30 and our car was damaged to the tune of $700. This experience spoiled what was otherwise a fantastic cruise on NCL Jewel.

Don't make the same mistake we did!

• 5 months later...

We used them once before and are looking into using them again. We had no problems with them. Like MJT said it does suck that you have to wait until the next hour for the shuttle but for us it was worth the money savings.

• 6 months later...

My husband and I sailed on 11/23/08 for seven days. We paid CBM to park our vehicle.

There were lots of people waiting to be transported to the port. The ride is about 15 minutes from the parking lot to the port.

The parking attendant told us that we would be identified by the number that us gave me. No problem!

We got off the ship before 10am. We called CBM numerous times. We noticed at least two vans driving by to drop off passengers preparing to cruise. By 11:15a, I am furious, vans continue to drive by and none have come to pick us up. We finally spoke to someone and let them know that we had been waiting for over an hour to be picked up. We were told we would be picked up at 11:30a. We noticed another van drive by. Now it's pouring down raining. We talked to a family of four that had been waiting to be picked up since 9:30a. The wife was furious. When the CBM van finally arrived, we were told that our names were not on the list and that they did not have enough space to get our luggage on the van. (I think that the driver did not want to put my husband and I in the van with the passengers that were being dropped off for departure).

The long and short of the story is this, we were finally picked up at 12:30p. There were five other people in the van with us that also stated that they had waited for three hours to be picked up.

Take my advice and avoid these people at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They charge people up front. They make the arriving passengers wait for hours. I think that they only have two vans making the runs. I asked who the president of the company was, the manager or someone in authority to express my dissatisfaction with the company - no one had an answer.

:mad::mad::mad:

Archived