Dunn's Falls

djm719

If we decide to climb the falls in Jamaica, are water sneakers alright to wear? I'll wear sandals the entire cruise and don't want to bring running sneakers. I have those light weight sneakers from Lands End that you can wear in the water, will they be ok?

They will let you do it with water shoes only...They made someone else buy water shoes with similar sneakers.

You can rent them at the falls for $5 (kinda gross) buy them for $15 at the falls, or buy them on the ship for $20. I'd get them at walmart for $5 or so, just to be safe unless water shoes and water sneakers are the same thing.

Yes, you can wear water shoes or water socks to the Dunn's River Falls. But I have to tell you on our 1st trip up the Falls, it was rough and when we completed our trip up and finished, we looked down at our water shoes and they were a little worn-looking. Gave a whole new meaning to "Blew out our flip-flops":D

Hi DJM,

I used those exact Land's End water sneakers to climb the falls last Spring as well as the year before. They were fine....as good as anything. Try to wear them a few times before...the first time I got some nasty blisters on the heal and later snipped a "V" down the back and found them much more comfortable.

Have fun!

Archived