October 07 In caribbean???

irishguy

We cruised the last 2 Octobers and will again next year.

The weather in most of the caribbean is consistently warm and beautiful that time of year.

BUT, the height of hurricane season is Spetember 10!

So you must buy travel insurance, and be prepared for a change in itinerary, or delay in departure or return, or very rarely, cancellation of your cruise.

LOVE cruising in October. The ports in Florida are not too hot usually and the Caribbean ports are sunny/warm and very nice. We cruised once over New Years and it was chilly in the Bahamas for swimming.

We've never had a hurricane issue ourselves and our kids get Fall Break so we'll be cruising in October for the next few years.

The weather is great in the carribbean in October. Back in the 70's I lived in Puerto Rico (I was in the Navy). It was nice & warm, but not the oppressive heat of the summer. No problem swimming, but get gets a little cool at night.

We are trying an October Eastern Carib. cruise in 2007. I'm a little worried about hurricanes. I went thru several on land in PR, don't wanna go thru one at sea. I've been thru plenty of rough seas in the Navy, but I've escaped hurricanes. I've never gotten seasick so I'd be very embarrassed if it happened especially travelling with people who know I was in the Navy & Naval Reserves for 21 Years. Sorry for the ramble, I'm bored!

Archived