Hotel Availability during Super Bowl Weekend

Catalina56

Sailing on Caribbean Princess on 2/4/07 from Ft. Lauderdale. Flying in the day before. I cannot find any hotel availability for the night of February 3, 2007. Tried Priceline, Hotwire, Cruise Port Lodging, Orbitz,Kayak, Sidestep, hotels.com as well as all the major hotel chains. I didn't realize it was Super Bowl Weekend in South Florida.

Any suggestions will be most appreciated. Many thanks!

Catalina56

28 past cruises.

Pleasse read my post under another thread asking about Ft. lauderdale hotels. It is about two or three threads above this one. I got confused and wrote on the wrong one.

marilyn

We are leaving on the Sea Princess the 3rd. Three months ago I tried to book a Fort Lauderdale hotel with no luck. I ended up renting a car and staying in Boca Rotan for $100 a night. I just can't see spending $400.00 for a hotel room for one night.

Most people are now resorting to booking hotels in either Orlando or Ft. Myers. I know one person found rooms in Port St. Lucia in the last couple of weeks, but most people haven't had any luck at all in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area and what they have found has been running in the $400 a night range for a Days Inn.

I posted this on another thread, but here goes. There are reasonable rooms available at this time north of Ft. Lauderdale. I checked in the Port St. Lucie, Stuart area, which is about 1 to 11/2 hrs. north on I-95. Rent a car go north spend the nite eat breakfast return to Ft Lauderdale on Rte.A1A ,a pretty drive ,in plenty of time to board ship. We are driving down for our cruise on Feb. 3rd., and we will probably

spend the nite around Daytona. Bill

Try the Amerisuites. There is one about 20 miles from airport. Nothing special but fine for one nite. They have shuttle to pier and will pick u up at FLL airport but you may have a wait as we did (45 min) as we missed him and had to wait for him to return. Continental breakfast in the morning. Restaurant near by and you won't need a car.

The shuttle driver even took us to Publix markets that evening for our "supplies.":) I forget the name of the town, but check with Bequia on the FLL departure forum. She is great.:cool:

Sailing on Caribbean Princess on 2/4/07 from Ft. Lauderdale. Flying in the day before. I cannot find any hotel availability for the night of February 3, 2007. Tried Priceline, Hotwire, Cruise Port Lodging, Orbitz,Kayak, Sidestep, hotels.com as well as all the major hotel chains. I didn't realize it was Super Bowl Weekend in South Florida.

Any suggestions will be most appreciated. Many thanks!

Catalina56

28 past cruises.

I am going the week before you and having the same problem, I have tried Priceline 2.5* hotels up to $100 and no bite. I attempted to get a hotel from FLL to Palm Beach and nothing. My guess is the inventory for hotels hasn't been released because Palm Beach really shouldn't be getting much Super Bowl traffic.

Try the West Palm Beach or Jupiter area. Also, Naples is about an hour and 15 minutes to the port so staying over here is a an option. There is a ton of availability that same night on all sites from expedia on. Naples is really pretty and you can spend the night down on 5th Avenue enjoying yourself.

There's never really any traffic going across Alligator Alley compared to driving on I-95 and it's a straight forward drive.

Don't bother trying to find something close to the stadium for a reasonable price for fewer than 3 nights unless you want to pay BIG bucks. The Miami Herald reported today that a Crowne Plaza near the Sawgrass Mills outlet mall wants $700 a night for Super Bowl weekend, more than double its $299 rate two weeks earlier, and that rooms at the Coconut Grove Hampton Inn climb from $199 to $649. $649 for a Hampton Inn?

Les

Archived